Title challenge?

18 hours ago, Volbeater said:

They are calling for Mcinnes head on their forum. Fuckin magic! 

I think it's approaching a good time for both Aberdeen and McInnes to seek a change but they seem to have both semi-locked themselves into the status-quo. Perhaps, we've managed to double-bluff them into this path :D

Aberdeen are one of only three sides in the top division not to take league points from celtic since Rodgers arrived (Dundee & Hamilton are the others), so the result yesterday was no surprise.  With that in mind, despite all the build-up, it's not really yesterdays type of game where celtic seem to be vulnerable.

The game that really matters is on March 11th, but only if we win up in Perth tomorrow.

The league is not ours to win...it's there's to lose......

I am confident that they will drop more points before the seasons finished - the same is likely for us as well.  9 points isn't a massive gap, especially considering 2 matches against them, which could go either way.

The pressure is definitely on them, and they will be well aware of what we're doing - hopefully by keeping one eye on us, they will miss something ahead of them.

Murty needs to keep the players focused on the next match, and ensure that we do all we can to put us in the strongest position possible.  If we do that, you never know what might happen....

While it is still possible I highly doubt it will happen, but you never know? as big Marv said keep believing!.

We have strengthened the team/squad big time and if we hadn't dropped as many points at Ibrox we would definitely be challenging.

Next season you would expect us to get off to a much better start and then there will be a real challenge from us.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

While it is still possible I highly doubt it will happen, but you never know? as big Marv said keep believing!.

We have strengthened the team/squad big time and if we hadn't dropped as many points at Ibrox we would definitely be challenging.

Next season you would expect us to get off to a much better start and then there will be a real challenge from us.

Another positive transfer window in the summer will go a long way to making us competitive and able to achieve a better consistency of result.

I have a hunch that if 'the gap' is noticeably closing that celtic will go out and spend some relatively big money in the summer. What that would actually mean we'd have to wait and see. One thing that may increase is their wage bill and the pressure to make the CL group stages although they have players to sell for decent money to make up any shortfalls.

While we could expect to drop more points given the patchy record this season the team appears to have been becoming more consistent and more impressive in recent weeks while the yahoos have been trending in the opposite direction.

It is a tall order because any more dropped points at all if they didn't drop any at the same time would push it out of reach but stranger things have happened in football.

12 minutes ago, buster. said:

Another positive transfer window in the summer will go a long way to making us competitive and able to achieve a better consistency of result.

I have a hunch that if 'the gap' is noticeably closing that celtic will go out and spend some relatively big money in the summer. What that would actually mean we'd have to wait and see. One thing that may increase is their wage bill and the pressure to make the CL group stages although they have players to sell for decent money to make up any shortfalls.

The funny thing is if Celtic want to compete with us next season they will need to spend big money. Most of there good players are loaned and Brown is also another year older. Celtic really also need a clear out. Their whole defence is crap apart from wonderkid Tierney.

4 minutes ago, pete said:

The funny thing is if Celtic want to compete with us next season they will need to spend big money. Most of there good players are loaned and Brown is also another year older. Celtic really also need a clear out. Their whole defence is crap apart from wonderkid Tierney.

I think there will significant movement in both squads and getting recruitment right will be vital come the new season,....although more important might be the possibility of a new manager at Ibrox.

They will have more financial muscle if they choose to use it but that didn't stop us having a better winter transfer window than them.