I have read in the P and J that Aberdeen's Adam Rooney will finalise a move today, to Salford City. I have never saw Rooney as the striker that Big Dick Gordon claims him to be; however, it's hard to argue against his tally of 78 goals in four seasons. Salford City have been promoted from the National North League to the National League(the old Conference). Five members of Man U's class of '92 own the club and are intent on achieving league status, two promotions in three years. The P and J claim Salford are doubling Rooney's wages to £5k per week.

In lieu of this transfer, where do the Dandies find the optimism to think they'll do Burnley in the Europa? Cosgrove shares this optimism, indeed promotes it. If Aberdeen's main striker is off to the fifth tier, how do their deluded cheerleaders rationalise a victory over the team that finished sixth in the English top tier?

It's a bit of a digression but I met Adam Rooney a couple of years ago at a local charity event and found him to be a very decent bloke. He couldn't have been more helpful and generous with his time and was delightful with everyone he met. Despite his pedigree I wish him well.

Presumably  they will get a transfer fee, and, on the strength of that, a couple of sellik reserves on loan. 

That should be enough to turn over Burnley. 

Edited by Uilleam

5 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I reckon Rooney's wife got a well-paid  job down there and he went there and continue his hobby?

If he was on 2.5k a week at Aberdeen and they left to go south because his Mrs got a well paid job.... how much is his Mrs on if she is the breadwinner ?

Who is it that owns Salford ?  I know the Neville brothers are involved - is Scholes involved too ?

EDIT - Neville brother, Butt, Scholes & Giggs - they have 10% each with some other guy owning 50%

6 minutes ago, craig said:

If he was on 2.5k a week at Aberdeen and they left to go south because his Mrs got a well paid job.... how much is his Mrs on if she is the breadwinner ?

Who is it that owns Salford ?  I know the Neville brothers are involved - is Scholes involved too ?

EDIT - Neville brother, Butt, Scholes & Giggs - they have 10% each with some other guy owning 50%

"The other guy" is billionaire Peter Lim who owns Valencia :shock:

Their story is quite something.

A non-league team and their players are "full-time professional footballers" - their manager is Graham Alexander, who was capped 40 times by Scotland too.....  Apparently they want to be a Championship club within 15 years.

They go through managers quicker than Paris Hilton goes through men.

7 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

If Aberdeen's main striker is off to the fifth tier, how do their deluded cheerleaders rationalise a victory over the team that finished sixth in the English top tier?

Because they're 'demanding' £10 million for Scott McKenna and when you demand something you always get it. Don't you?

Swansea and Hull told to pay £10m for Scott McKenna

6 hours ago, craig said:

Regarding his wife, that was tongue in cheek ... of course.