Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Results 241 to 247 of 247
  1. #241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by der Berliner View Post
    Maybe you two just turn to PMs for the time being, as we're about to engage into a great adventure again ...
    second the above

    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    That's superb! is there anything similar Pete for Germany, Holland , Czech Rep, or Italy?(not gers related or well you never know we may go on a run!)
    Last edited by trublusince1982; 06-28-2017 at 10:05 AM.

  2. #242
    Super Moderator pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    25,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trublusince1982 View Post
    second the above


    That's superb! is there anything similar Pete for Germany, Holland , Czech Rep, or Italy?(not gers related or well you never know we may go on a run!)
    There are plenty of Apps for the Dutch museums but it is more information with different routes and information over the masterworks. I can't see one for free entry. I have no idea over Germany or other lands. I just per chance googled the Luxembourg app when looking for info on our opponents.

  3. #243
     World Class BrahimHemdani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Nr Glasgow
    Posts
    11,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    The above is absolute nonsense Brahim, nonsense.

    Let me make it abundantly clear to you - and perhaps you will try to remove your personal bias before responding.

    1. You said that it could affect as many as 10,000 travelling fans
    2. This is the important part so please pay close attention.... I said that there was no way it would affect 10,000 fans BECAUSE at the point in time you made the suggestion there was virtually NO WAY that many fans would have booked their travel. I STAND BY THAT STATEMENT. But the important thing for you to try to pay close attention to is this... AT NO POINT DID I SAY THERE WOULDNT BE 10,000 TRAVELLING BEARS. The "scorn" that I poured on your statement was whether 10,000 fans had made travel plans at that point in time.
    3. Your post at #231 is the pertinent post. It is in that post that you make the wildly inaccurate, may, lie, that I suggested that I suggested we wouldn't have 10,000 travelling fans.

    Check the relevant posts from me and PROVE to me I said that we wouldn't have 10,000 travelling fans. And when you actually FAIL to do so, I will still be here awaiting my apology.

    You either unwittingly or deliberately twisted words that I never said. Indeed, in the above post you are even attempting to turn the tables on me by suggesting you hadn't suggested 10,000 would have booked travel plans. The issue, at that point in time, only affected those who had ALREADY booked their travel plans.

    Further, your post at #231 quoted a post that mentioned the number of travelling fans and you replied to that quote that I poured scorn on their being 10,000 travelling fans. I'm tired saying it but show me where I said we wouldn't have 10,000 travelling fans.... that is the crux of this and you KNOW you are wrong.

    I never jumped to any wrong conclusion. So, again, I invite you to PROVE that. You can't, its that simple.

    I was miffed that the CEO replied to you ? Get a grip of yourself. I couldn't care less if the CEO replied to you. I do, however, care that you thought your trivial travel concern (in the eyes of the club, not you personally) was an issue for the CEO to deal with. It wasn't. And the fact you can't see that is evidence of just how inflated your ego is. If that is a CEO issue then we really do have problems.
    Firstly, I have no idea what bias it is you detect or imagine? As you know rather well, certainly I have none towards you; quite the contrary in fact.

    On re-reading your post, I am happy to acknowledge that you did not say that there would not be 10,000 travelling fans for this match. So I apologise for post #231.

    Equally, I hope you will now acknowledge, that I did not say, imply or suggest that at the time I made my own reservations, 10,000 fans had also made travel arrangements. That would have been a ludicrous suggestion. I would ask you to credit me with enough experience of Rangers European trips and those who travel, to know that. Anecdotally a fair number did go ahead like me; but I suspect that they would have numbered in the hundreds rather than the thousands. Again what I said was "any changes ..... may affect as many as 10,000 fans." It is you who has inserted the word "travelling" though I agree that in this context fans = travelling fans; it does not = fans who had already made travel arrangements. Note particularly I said MAY AFFECT, not HAVE ALREADY AFFECTED.

    My point, and I hope you can see it now, was that the timing of the second leg would affect "as many as 10,000 fans". Therefore it was my submission that it was properly a matter for the CEO, because of the likely number of fans involved, particularly as he was at the draw and therefore in a position to discuss the arrangements with the Progres officials. Not because I thought that 10,000 fans had already booked; but because I thought something of that order of numbers would be likely to book.

    You disagree with that, fair enough. Clearly Mr Robertson did not.

  4. #244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    There are plenty of Apps for the Dutch museums but it is more information with different routes and information over the masterworks. I can't see one for free entry. I have no idea over Germany or other lands. I just per chance googled the Luxembourg app when looking for info on our opponents.
    Thanks Pete will have a look at the Dutch one see what's what. Never think of looking for apps

  5. #245
     World Class BrahimHemdani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Nr Glasgow
    Posts
    11,053

    Default

    Craig,

    I am going to assume that since you are on holiday you missed my post #243 above. Otherwise I feel confident that you would have acknowledged and accepted my apology.

    At the same time given your comment elsewhere "don't jump to conclusions"; I wonder if you now feel able to acknowledge that I did not say or imply that 10,000 fans booked their travel arrangements as soon as the draw was made.

    We will agree to disagree on whether or not it was appropriate for me to contact the CEO or whether he should have been involved at all.
    Last edited by BrahimHemdani; 07-02-2017 at 12:51 AM.

  6. #246
    Reserve Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrahimHemdani View Post
    Craig,

    I am going to assume that since you are on holiday you missed my post #243 above. Otherwise I feel confident that you would have acknowledged and accepted my apology.

    At the same time given your comment elsewhere "don't jump to conclusions"; I wonder if you now feel able to acknowledge that I did not say or imply that 10,000 fans booked their travel arrangements as soon as the draw was made.

    We will agree to disagree on whether or not it was appropriate for me to contact the CEO or whether he should have been involved at all.
    You can be like a dog with a bone sometimes BH. Sometimes you just need to learn to let things go. I hope I'm correct in saying that we are both old enough to have learned that lesson. ;-)

  7. The following user thanks Gaffer for this useful post:

    BrahimHemdani (07-02-2017)

  8. #247
    Club Legend ian1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    32,766

    Default


  9. The following 2 users thank ian1964 for this useful post:

    Gaffer (07-02-2017),Scott7 (07-02-2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •