Ascender - Marathon des Sables

Evening all! Quick post from the (latest) airport to say thanks for the support and the emails which were fantastic, really appreciate All those of you who took the time to mail me. Clearly got a lot of catching up to do, the news about our pair got the Scots in the desert gossiping like mad.

I'll put a link up to pics but it was an amazing week. I trashed my feet on day 2 so the rest of the week was harder & slower than expected, but I'm over the moon to have finished although I was on my feet for 28 hours to finish the long stage.

Looks like I've raised just over �£3000 for Yorkhill which is just amazing, so thanks to all who donated, I'm amazed by people's generosity.

Catch you all soon :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm thinking of doing it next year!

Do you need to do much training or can you just show up and get on with it? :fish:

Well done Mike, what an achievement!

Just turn up with your flip flops, bucket & spade and the all important hankie on the head, I reckon you'd breeze it :)

If you want to do it, go for it. I reckon unless you enter something like that, you won't have the motivation to get fit enough for it. If that makes sense. Or maybe I'm just lazy.

Feet are back to their normal size now, just a few blisters to sort out now before next weekend's race. Which seemed like a good idea to enter at the time....