I bought my 4 yr old this thing called a "Kickmedic" which apparently helps them hone their footballing skills (you put a ball in a net bag and it is attached to elasticated cord and you kick it - obviously thanks to the elastic the ball returns to you).

Anyway..... I just got an email from them and they have partnered with Celtic for US kids to go over and train with Celtic - why is it we haven't done this, especially given the fact we have a history of US internationals at the club and given that US football appears to be on the rise again.

Here is the email I received from them plus my response.

=====================================================

Hello Craig,

I hope this email finds you well. Premier F�ºtbol Concepts is proud to say that we are now exclusively working with CELTIC F.C. ( Scotland ) to bring young players from the USA over to Scotland for the unique opportunity to experience training with a World-Class Academy.

CELTIC F.C. have created this exclusive opportunity for players to experience elite coaching from some of the worlds top youth coaches.

CELTIC F.C. is one of the biggest and most prestigious clubs in the world and their academy is testament to this success. Over the last few years some of the brightest talents in soccer have come from this very breeding ground, 8 of Celtic�s current first team actually developed through the Academy.

The Residential Course is the first rung on the development ladder for Celtic F.C. players and can act as a key part for talent identification for the club and its coaching staff. Players will take part in some of the most up to date coaching methodologies of its kind using the ââ?¬Ë? Celtic Way ââ?¬â?¢ curriculum. Some of the best training facilities in Scotland will be at their disposal not to mention some of the brightest minds in soccer training. The Course still has reservations open to Boys ages 11 and up and also for Girls 14 and up.

Not only is this camp a fantastic development tool for your player but socially he/she will develop by interacting with other players and teams from in and around the UK .

Premier Futbol Concepts is committed to the players and teams of the USA and the sport of soccer itself, our goal is to work with some of the best soccer teams and products within the industry to bring clubs and soccer individuals alike the highest quality possible. With this commitment in mind we also have developed some fund raising opportunities available for players and parents to ensure this trip is possible.

If you are interested in receiving more information on how to take advantage of this great opportunity, or if you have any questions, or to receive your full-colour brochure, please feel free to contact us at PFC anytime.

Cheers!

=====================================================

Thank you for the email.

However, as I am a Rangers fan (Celtic's fierce rival) I am sure you will appreciate that I have little interest in the product that Celtic offer.

I am somewhat surprised that you have not considered brokering a similar deal with Rangers FC, especially considering that they have two current US internationals on the payroll, those being DaMarcus Beasley and Maurice Edu.

Further, I find it somewhat strange that you would associate yourselves with a club whose fans infamously mocked the 9/11 tragedy by making "aeroplane" motions at then Rangers and USA player, Claudio Reyna.

To be quite frank I am stunned that a US company would promote and asociate with Celtic given the above - unless, of course, Celtic approached you.

There is far more to Celtic than meets the eye. However, that is obviously a choice which you as a company have made and are comfortable with. Good luck in your quest.

Regards

Craig

Further, I find it somewhat strange that you would associate yourselves with a club whose fans infamously mocked the 9/11 tragedy by making "aeroplane" motions at then Rangers and USA player, Claudio Reyna.

classy! :notworthy::thup:

Cheers guys - sometimes I get in an annoyed mood.... when I saw that email it kind of got me going - probably as much for the fact that the Tims seem to be one step ahead of us these days.

They got Nakamura and no matter what you think of him as a player they did get more exposure to the Asian market.

Meanwhile we have 2 US internationals and the Tims still steal a march on us in that market too. That said, I doubt that this partnership will bear much fruit. But at least THEY seem to be making the effort.