Rangers Ordered To Axe Billy Boys

So you're suggesting friends of mine such as Mark Dingwall, Simon Leslie, Davie Edgar and James Carlin are being paid to agree...?

Colshy you have written some crap on Gersnet over the last few years. That has just topped it all.

If you knew any of the hard working guys above you'd be embarrassed by what you just said.

did i say that frankie??

BUT, i would be EMBARESSED to commend them on there work with this decision as it is an EMBARRESMENT to the fans!!

Again, can you explain why we are denied the chance to change the lyrics instead of scrapping the whole song?

i`m not getting at you personally frankie as you probably weren`t there, but as you seem to know the guys who were there maybe you`d like to ask them this?

So its the actually tune thats been banned without allowing us to change the words!!

Well can someone tell me if Old Trafford has the same ban and Man Utd are going to be sanctioned aswell?

Hullo Hullo we are the Busby boys

If you are a city fan surrender or you'l die

Coz we all follow United

So its the actually tune thats been banned without allowing us to change the words!!

Well can someone tell me if Old Trafford has the same ban and Man Utd are going to be sanctioned aswell?

If you are a city fan surrender or you'l die

Coz we all follow United

No as every other club in the coutry have a backbone in their director's box who'll stand up (sic) for the fans and the club. This same tune is used by far more clubs than us or United, but because ours MAY or MAY NOT contain a reference to killing Catholics we're getting hammered. And all because that chickenshit David Murray cant stand up (sic) to our detractors.

Murray Murray Murray, Out Out Out.

The reason the tune has been banned is that even if 95% of the Rangers fans sing the official version, there will be some who continue to sing the 'up to our kness in fenien blood'.

Remember about 3 years ago we stopped playaing simply the best due to the add-ons, it has reappeared since without the add-ons. Maybe, just maybe the 'Rangers Boys' can make a comeback - but at the moment far too many would contiune to sing the line above leading Rangers to be PUNISHED ....

Do we really want Rangers to be docked points, have stands closed or thrown out of Europe? Do we really love a song about a neo-nazi gangster more than we love Rangers?

BTW, you can continue to sing the Billy Boys in your house, in the pub, on your RSC, in your car, on the streets - just not at Ibrox.

Cammy F

The reason the tune has been banned is that even if 95% of the Rangers fans sing the official version, there will be some who continue to sing the 'up to our kness in fenien blood'.

Remember about 3 years ago we stopped playaing simply the best due to the add-ons, it has reappeared since without the add-ons. Maybe, just maybe the 'Rangers Boys' can make a comeback - but at the moment far too many would contiune to sing the line above leading Rangers to be PUNISHED ....

Do we really want Rangers to be docked points, have stands closed or thrown out of Europe? Do we really love a song about a neo-nazi gangster more than we love Rangers?

Cammy F

What about away trips tho? sure we can ban it at Ibrox, but this wont stop fans singing it away from home where the club cant control the fans. What implications could this have and if we realy do want it stopped completely, how do we do it?

What about away trips tho? sure we can ban it at Ibrox, but this wont stop fans singing it away from home where the club cant control the fans. What implications could this have and if we realy do want it stopped completely, how do we do it?

I fear that it will take Rangers being docked points (or worse punishment) for it to stop completely. I hope I am wrong, but I can see this song being belted out next season and UEFA inflicting serious punishments.

I have stopped singing the 'Billy Boys' for over 2 years now and sing 'Hello Hello we are the Rangers boys, hello hello you'll know us by our noise. We follow Glasgow Rangers our hearts both strong and true, for we are the people who cheer the boys in blue'....

However, given this statement, I'll even refrain from singing that version.

Cammy F

cammy i don`t see the harm in you singing that song tbh.

ok, there will be a few who really want to hang onto it but they`ll end up not being allowed inside ibrox.

if this is the case then the billy boys won`t last anyway.

We can't be trusted to change the lyrics back to something non-sectarian as not everyone will sing the cleaned-up version, I'd have thought its simple as that. We've had our chance to self-police and while we still do, if we don't do something ourselves, the authorities will start to do it for us and we don't want that. The way I see it is that we are being given plenty of warnings and chances to clean up our act. If we do get hit with heavier punishments, we can't say we weren't warned.

This same tune is used by far more clubs than us or United,

Yeah but United is the best example as they play champions league football every year.

Hearts use it so it will be interesting to see if they get a ban.

I cant believe that such ban can occur to just 1 teams set of supporters on singing. Surely the agrument for changing the words was put across???