Rangers v The Mopes ââ?¬â?? Match Report And Players Ratings

Firstly, let me apologies in advance. I am just this minute home from the game (via a succession of watering holes) so this match report and ratings, may include spurious information, fanciful ratings and dream-like conclusions. However, it serve as warning to any youngsters reading this that drink is indeed, bad for you.

As we approached Ibrox today, the weather was dreadful and it swamped Ibrox in a carpet of greyness. We just had to hope that the players wouldn�t be engulfed in the greyness nor that our mood would match the conditions come full-time. There were little surprises in the team line-ups, with both teams matching up in a 4-4-2 formation. We all thought that WS would go 4-5-1, but we have been playing 4-4-2 for most of the season. Velicka can count himself unlucky to have been dropped as he has been on a terrific run lately, but Kenny Miller proved that WS was correct in picking him putting in a sterling performance.

The game kicked-off with torrential rain falling around Ibrox and it took just over 60 seconds for the first MOPE to be booked. Hartley showed their intentions with a terrible tackle on Miller. This set the tone for the game, but once again the referee let them away with diving, pushing, fouling and cheating. Vinegar of Castlemilk committed 7 fouls in the first 45 minutes but wasnââ?¬â?¢t even spoken to. Scott McDonald dived 4 times in the same period and again wasnââ?¬â?¢t even spoken to. In the stands, the MOPES once again were given free reign to indulge in their vile and repugnant sectarian songs with no interference from the Police. In fact, one officer next to us asked us ââ?¬Ë?what do you want me to do about it?ââ?¬â?¢ how about doing your duty and arresting the vile fookers.

Sorry, I am digressing, back to the action on the pitch. We were the only team looking to play football the first half and were unlucky when Whittikar swung a vicious cross into the box which alluded everyone and smacked the post with Borac beaten. Soon after we got the breakthrough and goal that our play deserved. Kris Boyd fed Kenny Miller who spun brilliantly and fired a wonderful ball across the six yard line that Stevie Davis met and slammed home from close range. Ibrox erupted and bedlam ensued in the stands. Rangers seen out the remainder of the first half with little trouble. The Mopes came into the game a bit at the start of the 2nd half, but the Rangers defence were awesome and repelled the threat time after time. As well as the defence, there were stand-outs all over the pitch in blue. In fact, all players deserve immense credit for the performance at last showing the determination required playing for this wonderful club ââ?¬â?? institution. The MOPES huffed and puffed but had little cutting edge and Rangers were the team who looked most likely to score. Boyd passed up a wonderful opportunity then was unlucky with a couple of headers. As the final whistle sounded, the reactions of the fans could hardly have been more different. The Rangers support rightly hailed (sic) their heroes whilst The MOPES trudged back to their hovels to claim Masonic conspiracies and indulge in more sectarian singing.

So we enter the last 3 games of the season leading the SPL table by two points. We are in the box-seat, the destination is in our own hands. If we show the determination, guts, fight and passion we demonstrated today in the remaining games then there is no reason why the SPL title wonââ?¬â?¢t be coming home. Whilst all the players deserve a pat on the back, step forward Maurice Edu, Boogie and Kenny Miller ââ?¬â?? all three were simply outstanding and led us to a glorious victory.

Player Ratings

Alexander ââ?¬â?? safe as houses especially at cross balls ââ?¬â?? couple of routine saves to make and did nothing wrong ââ?¬â?? 8/10

Christian Daily ââ?¬â?? had a decent game and the whole defence were outstanding ââ?¬â?? 7/10

David Weir ââ?¬â?? commanding in the air and partnered Boogie superbly ââ?¬â?? not bad for someone who was at The Somme ââ?¬â?? 7/10

Boogie ââ?¬â?? strolled through the game ââ?¬â?? in a word ââ?¬â?? immense -9/10

SW ââ?¬â?? a real talent and once again showed he can perform no matter where he is asked to play ââ?¬â?? 7/10

Stevie Davis ââ?¬â?? scored the winning goal and cleared a header of the line ââ?¬â?? one of his better performances ââ?¬â?? 7/10

Mendes ââ?¬â?? struggled to get a foothold in the game but kept trying and dug in deep in the 2nd half ââ?¬â?? 7/10

Edu ââ?¬â?? simply gets better and better with each passing game ââ?¬â?? once again my MOTM ââ?¬â?? 9.5/10

Smith ââ?¬â?? helped SW on the left but didnââ?¬â?¢t offer much offensively. Like Mendes dug in and tried until replaced by Lafferty ââ?¬â?? 7/10

Boyd ââ?¬â?? led the line well but missed a guilt edged chance to kill of the game. His attitude has improved and he had a decent game ââ?¬â?? 7/10

Miller ââ?¬â?? a constant thorn in the MOPES defence ââ?¬â?? non stop running and his cross for the goal was stunning ââ?¬â?? 8.5/10

Lafferty ââ?¬â?? played very well when introduced ââ?¬â?? 7/10

McCulloch ââ?¬â?? little time to impress ââ?¬â?? 5/10

Cammy F - :rfc:

Will update as I see fit Cammy but......

To be fair to the cop, I just cant see any cop wading into Celtic OR Rangers fans and arresting "someone" - isnt that easy. I understand and agree with the sentiments but the reality is that it wont happen. Unless there is a FORCE doing it, not just one bobby.

OK, I agree :)

However, they could and should have done something about this flag (and it's carrier) - falg was on display for the entire game

iraflag.th.jpg

And why did Rangers FC allow THEM access to IBROX before the game to set up a flag display? Grow a set Rangers and tell them to fuck off.

Cammy F

OK, I agree :)

However, they could and should have done something about this flag (and it's carrier) - falg was on display for the entire game

iraflag.th.jpg

And why did Rangers FC allow THEM access to IBROX before the game to set up a flag display? Grow a set Rangers and tell them to fuck off.

Cammy F

Completely agree Cammy. Was just trying to put some perspective on the police thing as no doubt that weasel Gav (kidding) would have done so when he came on.....

Those banners should be ripped away from them, simple as. Rangers are culpable for letting them get their banner display set (but do they do that for us too ????), but at the same time the responsibility is with Strathclyde's finest is it not ?

You know what though Cammy ??? Fuck them, we took 3 points and OUR League title is within grasp - lets revel in that glory !

Would have to give Stevie Davis man of the match ahead of Bougherra, winning goal, sensational clearance off the line and tracked back to help Dailly a lot. Good all round performance from Davis today. Edu was good aswell, he kept things simple and read the game well.

I upset a few neighbours with the noise but we got the result and its:

ADVANTAGE RANGERS

Thought Dailly and BOugherra were great in the first half. I honestly dont know where Daillys criticism comes from, i think he is stereo typed more than anything else.

Cant speak highly enough about Bougherra, he MUST be signed up on a long term deal and id give him the captaincy.

The league flags coming home :rfc:

When we lost against ICT i came on here questioning the balls of our squad. I truly believed we didn't have the mentality to go on and win the title. I'm s pleased i was wrong. That was a classic performance by us although not vintage. It was alot more open that some of the recent OF games but stil lacking a lot of quality but i thought it was a really good game, you couldn't help but be glued to that screen.

Davis was fantastic, when he cleared of the line i knew it was our day. Thats a moment that you look back on when u win a title. Edu? First time i'd seen him play. That boy has power when he drives forward, still improving and he could be some player. Miller and the big Algerian we also awsome as was Alexander. Being a keeper i always pay special attention but in that envioroment he looked cool as and i wasn't closing my eyes when they were punting it into our box cause i knew he'd get there. Can't say that for Mcshagger.

To sum up, well 3 games, 3 very hard games to go. We are the hunted now, different pressure but we're so close to the finish. We need the same attitude and number 52 is ours.

No surrender:rfc: