The Polish international is the subject of a report to the procurator fiscal following a six-month investigation.

A number of complaints were received by police after the SPL match against Rangers at Ibrox on February 12, which Celtic went on to win 1-0.

Boruc, 26, is said to have angered a section of the home support after allegedly making the religious gesture.

A Crown Office spokesman said: "A report has been received and it is being considered."

A Strathclyde Police spokeswoman said: "The circumstances surrounding the alleged actions of a football player during the Old Firm match at Ibrox on February 12 2006 have been investigated and referred to the procurator fiscal at Glasgow."

The Polish goalkeeper, who played during this year's World Cup in Germany, signed for Celtic from Legia Warsaw in July last year.

The Polish international is the subject of a report to the procurator fiscal following a six-month investigation.

A number of complaints were received by police after the SPL match against Rangers at Ibrox on February 12, which Celtic went on to win 1-0.

Boruc, 26, is said to have angered a section of the home support after allegedly making the religious gesture.

A Crown Office spokesman said: "A report has been received and it is being considered."

A Strathclyde Police spokeswoman said: "The circumstances surrounding the alleged actions of a football player during the Old Firm match at Ibrox on February 12 2006 have been investigated and referred to the procurator fiscal at Glasgow."

The Polish goalkeeper, who played during this year's World Cup in Germany, signed for Celtic from Legia Warsaw in July last year.

Just heard Donald Gorries response to this - Donald Gorrie who was quoted as saying that religion has no place in football says these charges are rediculous.

Now, now Donald, you either want ALL religious things removed from football or none at all - make up you mind - typical Lib Dem...!

PS - this shows how farcical these UEFA charges and 'Scotland's Secret Shame' laws are.

Cammy F

thats a fucking joke!

he`ll get away with it for sure.

fucking polish twat!

Doesn't matter if he gets away with it or not, it is the fact that he is even being investigated that is the point.

You do have to agree with the charge if you believe in the Scottish Assemblies sectarian teachings - any form of religion is banned from football and that applies to the players (well, unless your name is Neil Lennon).

This is great news for us, as soon as I see a Tim blessing themselves at an OF game, I will video them. send the video to McConnell, NBM, Strathclyde Police, UEFA and ask for Craptic to be punished accordingly.

Cammy F

Doesn't matter if he gets away with it or not, it is the fact that he is even being investigated that is the point.

You do have to agree with the charge if you believe in the Scottish Assemblies sectarian teachings - any form of religion is banned from football and that applies to the players (well, unless your name is Neil Lennon).

This is great news for us, as soon as I see a Tim blessing themselves at an OF game, I will video them. send the video to McConnell, NBM, Strathclyde Police, UEFA and ask for Craptic to be punished accordingly.

Cammy F

if your going to do that then cammy then i suggest you keep your film pointed on them when they enter the pitch at the start of the game and when subs come on and off.

your right, maybe this is a big turning point and maybe also it is a warning as to what happen to them if they carry on like this in the champions league.

it`s great news but boruc is still a polish twat!

If a player wishes to bless themselves then they should do it before entering the field of play - ie: within the stadia before entering the pitch area.

It is the attitude that it is OK to bless yourself that again proves that the bigots are not Rangers.

Songs can get you banned/fined, but actually carrying out a religious act on a pitch is perfectly fine??

Total fucking nonsense.

sorry guys, but i think we should be above this!

Why should we be offended? Let us sit and ignore any such actions, and let the finger be pointed at the true provokers and bigots. By showing we are offended by a religious gesture does us NO favours in the current climate :(

Why should we be offended? Let us sit and ignore any such actions, and let the finger be pointed at the true provokers and bigots. By showing we are offended by a religious gesture does us NO favours in the current climate :(

Not offended Jim, just they cannot have one rule for one and another for someone else. It is either a blanket ban, or there is not.

jim i don`t think we are offended.

we`ve just made the point that it would make more sense to cross yourself off the park away from people because of the climate here.

but, remember all the crap the press were hitting us with saying ` i wonder what rangers will do when such and such crosses himself`.

well it happened and we didn`t care, so why then are WE being called the biggots?