Thought I'd pick out five games that set us up for number 52. Others might disagree but hopefully get some debate. It's the nature of the season that I could also list five games where we almost blew it...

Falkirk 0 - 1 Rangers (09.08.08)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7548329.stm

Bit of a forgotten victory this one but vital nonetheless. Just days after the Kaunas debacle, there was a horrible atmosphere surrounding the club, the fans reaching breaking point with an under-fire Murray. I recall a stream of posts on messageboards by Rangers fans stating they'd rather we lost the first game of the league season as it would put unbearable pressure on the custodian. Unsurprisingly Rangers played like arses, and had to rely on a McGregor penalty save and a second half Velicka strike to take three big points to get some semblance of normality back at the club. We won five of our next six games, only drawing at Pittodrie thanks to Corrupt Officiating Decision No. 1 of the season ruling out Beasley's late strike.

Rangers 2 - 0 Dundee United (31.01.09)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7858967.stm

This match had dropped points written all over it at a time when Celtic were still 4 points clear. Rangers huffed and puffed without creating much in terms of chances until Fleck netted a high-pressure penalty with 10 minutes left. A last-minute Lafferty goal put gloss on the scoreline but I feel we'd have struggled to come back if we'd dropped further behind Celtic at this stage. Admittedly that sounds strange in a season when we clawed back a 7-point deficit not once but twice, but at the time the fans were all in agreement what a vital 3 points this was. Unsurprisingly speccy had something to say about the penalty decision. Roon ye.

Hibs 2 - 3 Rangers (19.04.09)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8003509.stm

This is the game the bheasts had earmarked as the day we would fall out of the title race. It was also the game that put the shiters up me more than any other towards the end of the season. The monkeys had won the day before so the pressure was well and truly on. Drop points, and I didn't fancy our chances of taking the flag, but win and it would lay down a marker that we had the bottle to close out the title. Just as we had to yesterday, we came out the traps from the first whistle and scored three good goals and the final scoreline flattered Hibs IMO. I reckon the chimps' morale took a bit of a blow after we left Easter Road with all three points. Celtic managed two streaky wins from their next (last) five games while we romped home to take the title by four points.

Rangers 1 - 0 Celtic (09.05.09)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8032832.stm

One of the biggest games in the history of Rangers IMO. We're all aware of the stakes tied in with this season's title. If we hadn't won this one I firmly believe we'd have lost the league as I reckon Celtic would have won their last three games, certainly the two home ones anyway. A draw would have kept Celtic a point ahead with three games left, while a defeat would have been game, set and match to the bheasts. While Celtic enjoyed the bulk of the possession, we scored and they didn't. This defeat killed them psychologically for me.

Dundee Utd 0 - 3 Champions (24.05.09)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8062744.stm

Hey, hey, hey, it's a beautiful Sunday...

Great post Norris.

I'd drop the 1st game of the season against Falkirk and put the 1-0 home win against Celtic a couple of weeks ago in it's place. We had to win that game and we did!

Great post Norris.

I'd drop the 1st game of the season against Falkirk and put the 1-0 home win against Celtic a couple of weeks ago in it's place. We had to win that game and we did!

Then I'd have it in twice ;)

This is tougher than the 5 players thread. But for me 5 of the 6/7 match winning streak of late has to be included as its the games that put us infront.

Game of the season is easy the 4-2 at Parkhead - nobody will doubt that!

Yip, excellent post...

We can only hope the team take confidence from this title win so we stop dropping points in games we know we can win.

I still find it hard to comprehend Inverness at home. An unbelievable result. Then there was Hearts at home when we were 2-0 up, Thommo's last minute equaliser against Dundee Utd at home...