'Setting the Standard' - Full Report Now Available

Hopefully by now a fair number of online bears will be aware of the 'Setting the Standard' project. This has taken the form of 12 articles which were debated in full on various websites.

From this debate, a 53 page report was collated with several suggestions, recommendations and conclusions made. You can now download an edited 28 page draft of this via the following link.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/settingthestandard/

For your information, Sir David Murray and Rangers Football Club have been provided with a printed copy of the report and we await their full response with interest.

In addition all Rangers fan organisations have been supplied with the full copy as have both fanzines and as many of the fan websites I could get in contact with.

I'd like to take this opportunity to again thank RangersMedia for their help in putting this together as well as Russell Brothers Design for their invaluable and extremely generous work in professionally designing the report for submission.

As always, if anyone has any comments on the report, or wants to get involved with any future stages of the project, please post here or pm me.

Finally, I'd urge any interested fan to download the report and forward it onto as many people as possible. Thanks again for your support and help in putting all this together.

We are the people!

Yours in Rangers,

Frankie

:rfc:

334ncyx.jpg

absolutely brilliant article , shows what should be getting done by those in charge , well done to all concerned

As mentioned in the report, we're not naive enough to think some of the suggestions have not been explored before by the club. Perhaps they've been discarded or shelved for valid reasons.

However, one or two of the suggestions may not have been explored fully so it would be interesting to see what happens if the support at large are made aware of what could be done - or, crucially, what we could do to help.

I look forward to the club replying in full so we can decide our next stage.

:spl: :)

absolutely brilliant article , shows what should be getting done by those in charge , well done to all concerned

Well done for posting on FF too mate. 78 people viewing!

Great work frankie, it's a pleasure to contribute to something like this.

The media bias issue is one that forms the basis of many fans' discontent with the club - mine included.

It is mentioned briefly during the 'match-day experience' article as I felt the ultimate result of all the media problems is that of over-policing and poor atmosphere.

The reason an article wasn't written on it specifically was two-fold:

1. I didn't get one from anyone

2. I didn't write one myself as I wanted to concentrate more on issues which actually affect the day-to-day business of the club's future.

That's not to downplay what is an ongoing problem at the club (and one that does affect the club;s image) but more of a strategy to use more more positive articles to enable us to debate the more negative stuff down the line.

n_c, i think to do justice to the subject you'd have to take an extremely polemical approach. the current media situation is historically unique - old media's having to defend its legitimacy and existence in a way it hasn't for a long a time - and a proper treatment of how to address it would have to be less charitable, i think, than the document is as a whole. to manage the press effectively you have to acknowledge concepts like rhetoric, will and propoganda that might have given the positive stance of the document a sour taste, despite its legitimacy.

dealing with the media is something you want strategy devised behind closed doors, as celtic seem adept at doing, but we dont.

n_c, i think to do justice to the subject you'd have to take an extremely polemical approach. the current media situation is historically unique - old media's having to defend its legitimacy and existence in a way it hasn't for a long a time - and a proper treatment of how to address it would have to be less charitable, i think, than the document is as a whole. to manage the press effectively you have to acknowledge concepts like rhetoric, will and propoganda that might have given the positive stance of the document a sour taste, despite its legitimacy.

dealing with the media is something you want strategy devised behind closed doors, as celtic seem adept at doing, but we dont.

ehhhhhhhh!! , that's either the best cleverest post in history or a load of bollocks :flipa::flipa:

ehhhhhhhh!! , that's either the best cleverest post in history or a load of bollocks :flipa::flipa:

i go for a 99% bollocks 1% genius ratio of utterances mate; i leave it to the public to decide for themselves which is which though :giruy:

after reading bmck's excellent article previously where he pointed out the fact that the media has turned inside out regarding SDM and the public, I'm definitely voting for the clever post option.