Recommended films and TV

• 3 weeks later...

Rewatched a couple of films at new year.  Something in Rangers Chat reminded me of them so I thought I would recommend them to you all.

Moneyball and Trouble with the curve.

Both are about baseball but quite different.  One tells the story of a general manager who tries to use quantitative analysis to identify players.  The other tells the story of a scout who relies on qualitative analysis instead.

Moneyball is a superior film but it was still enjoyable to watch both and note the contrast between the two.

Not sure if already mentioned but I watched Icarus at the weekend - was fascinating how it did a complete 180 degree turn and you started questioning whether it was real or not.

It isn't really a film, it is a documentary which ends up completely embroiled in the Russian Olympic doping scandal.  Amazing the lengths the Russians went to - an excellent documentary which won the Oscar for best documentary and also 3 Emmy's.

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Eileebee said:

We watched black Klansman at the weekend, it was alright.

Most recent Always Sunny series was a cracker. Recommend Friends From College too.

I want to watch Black klansman but the other half isn't interested. Will need to wait for a night when she's out.

I've just started watching Always Sunny. About 3/4 of the way through the first season but it hasn't really grabbed me yet.

2 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I want to watch Black klansman but the other half isn't interested. Will need to wait for a night when she's out.

I've just started watching Always Sunny. About 3/4 of the way through the first season but it hasn't really grabbed me yet.

I wasn't that bothered about black Klansman either but stewarty wanted to watch it so I gave it a go.

I know it's against everything that makes sense but you really need to give Always Sunny a couple of series to really shine, but it's worth it

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I enjoyed Black Klansman, probably because I like John Washington as an actor.

I've heard Always Sunny is great too - I am working my way through Vikings right now - may give it a go after that.

On 05/02/2019 at 17:03, craig said:

I enjoyed Black Klansman, probably because I like John Washington as an actor.

I've heard Always Sunny is great too - I am working my way through Vikings right now - may give it a go after that.

Definitely do, but give it time too... I'll be honest the first couple of series' aren't as good as it gets 

I have Netflix but have hardly used it. I watched 30 minutes of Prison break with the wife this week but backed out. She is now on season 2 within about 4 days(She is ill).  I just have no interest in long drawn out series. Give me Wheeler dealers, Car SOS, SAS programmes, real life crime and real life documentary's. Also a sucker for conspiracy documentaries. 

My wife and I have our own TV's so as I don't have to watch that NCIS shit.:D We do have a together life until 8pm then we divorce every day.:D