Recommended films and TV

Into the Wild.... have you read the book bluebear ? A very interesting read about a very interesting individual. Chris McCandless was very much a free spirit. The movie did the book justice.

Really? What I inferred from the movie was that he was a egotistical, pretentious idiot who had a silly narcissistic and misanthropic dream to live in the wild on his own, that he spent little of the required effort or independence in realising and in the end, was pretty much a victim of poetic justice. Did I mention he was an idiot?

:fish:

Really? What I inferred from the movie was that he was a egotistical, pretentious idiot who had a silly narcissistic and misanthropic dream to live in the wild on his own, that he spent little of the required effort or independence in realising and in the end, was pretty much a victim of poetic justice. Did I mention he was an idiot?

:fish:

I dont think he was an idiot. I just think he had a confidence in his ability to live off the wild that was unfounded... to be fair, some would say those are traits of an idiot.

He did pretty well for quite some time turning his back on the "luxuries of the modern era". And he knew his llimits to an extent because he did try to turn back when he knew he couldnt cope - sadly he was only a few hundred yards from a pulley car that would have helped him cross the river to safety.

Dont ket your impression of him prevent you from reading the book. I thoroughly enjoyed it though appreciate some wont.

Another book I enjoyed was Jon Krakauer's "Into thin air".

Did I mention I am a non fiction reader ?

Looking forward to the second series of the Walking Dead starting.

Can't wait either, have read all the graphic novels so when season 1 started wasn't to sure about it because I thought I would know what's coming. But they have moved the story line far enough away from the novels so you don't know whats coming.

Also if anyone is a fan of John Carpenters "The Thing" and always wondered what had happened at the Norwegian station. Your wait is over coming soon " The Thing" it's not a remake thank god but the story of said Norwegians and how they find the alien and the story right up to the start of the original film.

Anyone catch The Frozen Planet on bbc hd. An absolutely stunning piece of film making.

Looked really good on the trailer. I hope I can catch it on the i-player sometime at the weekend.