Rangers FC Agree to 'Setting the Standard' Debate

I suppose it is difficult to get considered responses when these organisation will not have any meetings planned during the close season. Any responses would have been personal rather than on behalf of their organisations.

I must try to be more patient!!

I suppose it is difficult to get considered responses when these organisation will not have any meetings planned during the close season. Any responses would have been personal rather than on behalf of their organisations.

I must try to be more patient!!

That's part of the difficulty of the internet age isn't it? News of Rangers' response is released on-line and immediately people are looking for various organisations to respond on-line the same day. It's just not practical without forward planning for various scenarios, which is not usuallly practical in itself!

What Big Spliff said...

It is the summer holidays so people will be on their holidays so I can't expect organisation chairman to reply without consulting with their board colleagues.

To be perfectly honest, this is a long game I'm playing here in many ways. I don't expect results immediately which is the more reason for debating the issues from a position of relative success - as SPL champions in the Champions League. Not as losers out of Europe and in severe debt.

:)

Dont get me wrong, I didn't expect Bain to say "thats great, we are going to implement it all before the start of next season" and a timetable from the Assembly and club for future meetings with agendas etc already drawn up.

I suppose I am a little concerned, given Bain's track record, that passing the document to the Assembly to debate without his own attendance just looks like a fudge.

A bit like a parliamentary proposal on the back of public feeling about an issue, it goes to a committee, then a white paper, then more debate, amendments, through the Commons and Lords, more amendments, and comes out the other side with all the good points taken away and replaced by inadequate unworkable soundbites. The politicians can point to it and say they got something done, nothing really changes, and the debate moves onto the next topic. Only when the next disaster comes along does it get looked at again, and the whole process starts again.

I suppose it also comes down to the fact I have little faith in the Assembly as a workable going concern. I am on record as saying I would dispand it, so the fact they are being asked to look at STS on behalf of the club is concerning.

I agree mate which is why one of the main conclusions was that the Assembly itself is overhauled.

I don't doubt the talent and integrity of the office-holders. I just think the system isn't working so should be changed/improved.

We can only move forward using what we have. If we don't get the required results, then we can attempt something different.

I agree 100% with you on the integrity of the office bearers. I know someone who knows what goes on at the Assembly and the one great thing they have going for them is that they all have their heart in the right place, have put themselves forward to try to make a difference, and are certainly trying to look after the fans interests.

Unfortunately the politics and history of the Assembly render it virtually powerless in its current form, and I dont see turkeys voting for Christmas, hence my concerns about their attitude to STS. Time will tell.

As you say, this is the hand dealt, and in keeping with the entire project, I know you will take it forward with positivity and confidence.

I suppose it also comes down to the fact I have little faith in the Assembly as a workable going concern. I am on record as saying I would dispand it, so the fact they are being asked to look at STS on behalf of the club is concerning.

To be fair to the club on this one, I honestly can't even imagine what other route they could have taken that would have had any glimmer of hope. The RSA is really the only link between the fans & the club where a fan-based project like STS can be put on the table. It's due to the corporate nature of large football clubs like ours in the UK & even across most of Europe. In other parts of the world such as South America, you find even the biggest clubs being much more involved with the fan organizations for their club & vice versa, but that's a different footballing world altogether.

Three pages of fawning schmaltz about a report that said almost nothing at all and that failed to directly implicate the Chairman or CEO in any of the club's problems. How is that possible?

Here's another report for you, a report from the future..... no one remembers what happened to the STS initiative ..... the club paid lip service to some harmless suggestions from a supporters group and buried it like everything else.

Next.

Three pages of fawning schmaltz about a report that said almost nothing at all and that failed to directly implicate the Chairman or CEO in any of the club's problems. How is that possible?

Here's another report for you, a report from the future..... no one remembers what happened to the STS initiative ..... the club paid lip service to some harmless suggestions from a supporters group and buried it like everything else.

Next.

Can I borrow your crystal ball for the next lottery draw?:giruy:

We've missed your positive input MF - glad you could take the time to get involved. :thup:

The very fact the report gives 50 pages of criticism of the club (albeit too conservative for you) suggests that by immediate association most people would determine that the club chairman and CEO are implicated.

At no point have anyone in the project suggested it will work either. But in the absence of anything else I thought I'd try and collate what many of us thought and put it together in one document. We can then take it further via submission and debate to the club and fan groups. Hopefully, we can get some tangible results but that is by no means guaranteed so your crystal ball could be correct.

Does your crystal ball tell you what you'll be doing to change things as we fail? Not being snide, just interested in what you think will work to change the status quo and/or find improvements?