I see the panic button has been pressed by many...

Let's get one thing straight - to drop 4 points in 3 games against 3 poor teams isn't good enough. It never has been and never should be.

However, let's stop being so fickle here by slagging almost every player and the new coaching staff before they've even started what we all should have known would be a long term job.

Yes, we obviously have a few main concerns.

1. We're still too lightweight in the spine of our team and have struggled so far when confronted with physical players - especially in our defence.

2. The new 4-2-3-1 system appears to have it's drawbacks when teams are ultra-defensive or the offensive midfield players not as effective as they can be.

3. We still resort to too many aimless long balls instead of retaining possession and being patient.

In saying that, all of these concerns can be fixed. In all 3 games we had enough decent chances to win them easily enough. Moreover, although the centre of defence has been very nervous and lightweight, time has to be granted for new relationships to develop.

Of course, we should still be beating Dundee Utd and Dunfermline while this gelling occurs. Of course, we should have enough strength and belief to cope with their threats. Of course, the fans should expect more even this early.

But, at the same time, of course, the new players and coaching staff should expect our backing and patience while the new team and system develops. To start slagging off almost every player this early is ludicrious and embarrassing. Every player that played yesterday has the game to do well for us and we should support them with faith.

Yes, I'm as frustrated as the next man by the poor results and the concerns above. But I also realised this was never going to happen overnight and the quicker some of our fans appreciate this the better for us all.

It's not the end of the world though and I fully expect us to recover from this shaky start. We're never the brightest of starters in the SPL and these dropped points might be a good thing just to show the new coaching staff and the new players that Scottish football isn't as easy to win as it might appear from the outside.

the new players and coaching staff should expect our backing and patience while the new team and system develops. To start slagging off almost every player this early is ludicrious and embarrassing.

Yes, I'm as frustrated as the next man by the poor results and the concerns above. But I also realised this was never going to happen overnight and the quicker some of our fans appreciate this the better for us all.

Absolutely agreed, i couldnt believe what i was reading last night after the Dunfermline game, embarrassing is the exact word.

Yet I seem to be the only one who is not frustrated. Compare our play in our first 2 matches to ANYTHING last season and it shows how far we have came already and its still the VERY beginning. Ok i obviously get frustrated with misses chances, but the chances are coming and we will get it right.

Yep, no doubts about it. The first 2 games we played pretty well and although we were poor yesterday we only lost because of a defensive mishap between 2 layers new to each other.

We have to improve for the visit of Hearts and I've no doubts we will.

We have to improve for the visit of Hearts and I've no doubts we will.

Why exactly? I understand and agree with what has been said above, but when we're creating 2,3 or even 4 times as many goalscoring opportunities and not beating 2 of the poorest teams in the league, why are you so confident that in the very next game we'll beat one of the better sides in the league? Against whom we'll mayb create only a couple more or as many goalscoring chances against.

I'm not saying we can't win, just that I think it will be a very nervous 90 minutes and that comes from what we've managed so far this season.

Pretty foootball is all well and good but it counts for nought if we cant beat some of the poorest sides in our league.

I think (hope considering they want to be title contenders) Hearts are more of a footballing team compared to the 3 we have played so far and our formation will suite playing the more footballing sides.

Our formation will also be better suited at Ibrox.

Totally agree. You could see our wingers being sqeezed by the lack of width. It didn't help that we didn't seem to have a central midfielder who could carve an opening - cue Barry.

The likes of Sionko, Adam, Burke and Martin will thrive in the open spaces of Ibrox. The fact that Hearts won't have 10 men behind the ball will also allow the team to play.

I think (hope considering they want to be title contenders) Hearts are more of a footballing team compared to the 3 we have played so far and our formation will suite playing the more footballing sides.

So why did it struggle to draw with Dundee Utd?

In reply to the original post I find it absolutely unreal that any supporter would be having a go at PLG and can only describe anyone who gets on his back as an unmitigated moron who doesn't understand the first thing about football.

I expected miracles, I admit it, I thought we'd be playing exceptional football and killing teams off with 5-0 drubbings all the time. That hasn't happened and like every other bear we need to be patient. Unlike what I thought, this *isn't* an overnight job and will take time - I accept this wholeheartedly and am willing to give the team and the boss the time they need to turn this around and turn us into championship contenders.