Agree on every point Craig, yet when you say this to any of their supporters, they simply choose to pretend it never happened or there was no intent or malice there...

It comes back to that old chestnut inconsistency.

1. Maybe those Tims on the phone-ins are not indicative of their support as a whole.

2. Maybe the logical, objective nature of most people on here is not indicative of our support.

I don't know but I do find it strange that we (Gersnet) seem to condemn such acts while all the stories I hear from them is in defence of their players.

We desperately needed to beat Aberdeen at Ibrox last season yet, with the game at 0-0 when Lafferty got Mulgrew sent off I did not see ONE person in the match thread condone Lafferty's actions. Within minutes there was a plethora of posts condemning him for his actions, regardless of the fact it handed us an advantage in trying to obtain a vital 3 points.

Compare and contrast that to what we have seen from the Tims in the last week since McGeady's dive. They are at great pains to defend him and that he went to ground because a) he was knackered (Mowbray) or b) he wanted to avoid injury (fans and media).

It is laughable.

However, all I really concern myself with is Rangers and I have to say this. In Lafferty's case Rangers got it spot on. They fined him and told the full media that it was unbecoming of a Rangers player to act in such a way.

Lafferty too, got it spot on. He made his public apology, said it was unbecoming too and profusely apologised to Mulgrew and simply stated that he would accept whatever punishment the SFA gave him and that he deserved it.

With those events (not the feigned headbutt but the post-event handling) it actually made me very proud to support a club with TRUE INTEGRITY.

So Boruc should have spent time inside for assault last season when he smacked McGeady in the face on the training ground ?

Or should Boruc have also spent time inside for assault when he manhandled Naylor in a Euro game ?

Lafferty never "butted" Mulgrew. They went head to head but there was no butt from either side.

All this coming from a support who wont chastise their own for throwing lighters at players (Ricksen, Hugh Dallas, Arshavin to name but 3), from a support who have regularly had pitch invasions when things dont go their way.

Hypocrits.

Craig,

'Chastise'?

Just over 10 years past, we won the championship on their midden, a wonderful 3-0 display in favour of the mighty Rangers. We all know that May evening descended into mayhem, pitch invasions, �£80+ thrown on to the pitch in coins, the ref struck, four arterial routes(including the M8 in both directions) brougt to a standstill as Yahoos went on the rampage, .......................................etc.

Referee Hugh Dallas had his family home attacked by a rabid Yahoo neighbour, Kevin Dunne. The building firm owner arrived home after seeing his beloved green'n'grey hooped horrors lose it big time, on and off the pitch. He added to the meltdown by taking a golf club, walked across the road to the Dallas house, and proceeded to smash a dozen of the double glazed windows in a sustained several minute attack. The Dallas family cowered inside.

Dearest Kevin was charged, tried, and convicted in Hamilton Sheriff Court. He was fined �£2,000 and ordered to pay the cost of the damage(just over �£2,000). Dunne owned a double glazing firm and this was no great hardship.

Sellik waited until after the trial was over and declared they would NOT ban him from the ground. At the next home game, he was applauded and cheered to the echo as he took his comfy green leather seat in ra Stydome's north stand.

'Chastise'?

The Yahoos have never heard of the word.

All grist to the mill, chums!

I have banged on for years on another forum that as long as timothy is allowed plenty of rope, he will assuredly hang himself, and I feel thoroughly vindicated this week as fud after fud has come on to defend the Wee Scrote, seeminly oblivious to their blatant double standards. And I would have to say in fairness that that point has been made in the papers and radio as well.

Chalk this one down as 'a good week.'

All grist to the mill, chums!

I have banged on for years on another forum that as long as timothy is allowed plenty of rope, he will assuredly hang himself, and I feel thoroughly vindicated this week as fud after fud has come on to defend the Wee Scrote, seeminly oblivious to their blatant double standards. And I would have to say in fairness that that point has been made in the papers and radio as well.

Chalk this one down as 'a good week.'

I fairly agree with that.

Should be noted this is not just about a media black out for once (admiteddly some have told it how it is in the media).

It was an opportunity to put the boot into the mhanks for a lack of class and integriy. :devil: (So for that I will not apologise)

It was also a time to question Gordon Smith, a man for whom I previously had a lot of respect.

• 1 month later...

It was wild!! :eek: The feckers were diving all over the shop! Baloney dived at least twice in the 18yrd box, the wee Chinese nob dived over Papac's leg for the penalty, McGayday was at as well, although I'm not sure if he dived in the box today or not. Who else was it? Wilson got booked for simulation? Pretty sure the wee fat aussie guy dived at least once as well. Cheating bastards.

I remember McGayday diving & getting the free kick about 25-30yrs out & Murdo The Mong of all people instantly saying it was never a free kick without actually saying McGayday dived (which he did).