Sevilla at Ibrox

Deal or No Deal  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Deal or No Deal

• Take the draw
    • Gamble on more
    • Undecided

A bit premature for this perhaps, but ahead of our next CL tie who else would "take a draw" if it was offered right now?

By my reckoning, and that of the bookies and football experts the continent over who expected us to be well beaten last night, I would say we have gained a point. We were expected to leave Germany with a defeat and no points. We are 1 point ahead on the projected score cards.

Given that fact and that Sevilla are a fantastic side; recently won and retained the UEFA Cup and finished 3rd in La Liga last year, littered with top class talent like Fabiano and Kanoute, I would take a draw.

Some people may see that as defeatist but I think, realistically it would not be a terrible result and I would take the draw. :o

Given that Seville will probably beat the other teams home and away (even Stuttgart) our best chance of finishing second is to get one more point off them than Stuttgart. So even a home draw would be good, then we can play our famous 5-4-1 backs-to-the-wall anti-football in Seville and see what happens. The really crucial game will be home to Stuttgart (remember Lyon).

It is a bit early for this, however although we put in a good second half performance against Stuttgart I'm still not that confident, right now I'd take a draw, no doubt as we get nearer to k-off I'll believe we will win though