KRIS BOYD has revealed he would have no complaints if Paul Le Guen leaves him out of the starting line-up again for the match against Hearts.

Last season's top scorer was suspended for the SPL opener against Motherwell and then started the two subsequent matches - against Dundee United and Dunfermline - on the bench.

And, despite calls for him to be reinstated to the team this weekend, Boyd insists he will patiently wait his turn if Dado Prso and Thomas Buffel get the nod ahead of him again tomorrow.

He said: "Obviously I'm desperate to get back in and hopefully I've shown enough in training to get back in.

"But I'll have to wait and see what the manager chooses.

"I knew that I would have to be patient when I was suspended for the first game and that I might have to bide my time if the guys who came in did well.

"The boys who have been in the side have done well so I've no complaints.

"I've been on the bench the last couple of games and I'm looking to get myself back into the team now.

"But if it means I've got to wait another couple of weeks then I'll be ready as soon as I do come in.

"There's a lot of competition up front which is good for Rangers. As long as we keep all the strikers on their toes we should have no problem putting the ball in the net."

Boyd scored twice the last time Hearts came to Ibrox in May and is confident he can find the net again tomorrow if selected in what is a vital match against the current league leaders.

He added: "I think it's important we get back to winning ways. We know it's not going to be an easy game but hopefully we can pick up the three points and get back towards the top of the table.

"I'm always confident going into games that I can score. I think with the quality of the players we've got here we're always going to create chances so it's just up to me to get in to the box.

"If I'm not playing then I want the other strikers to score because we need to win every game."

Dosent sound like he is getting impatient as the mhedia suggested earlier in the week, just another example of how the gutter press turn things around to make a decent story.

i think sebo should be given a shot.

this one striker formation must be seriously frustrating for the striker - especially seeing as prso thrives off playing with a strike partner.

What i dont get is why boyd was dropped for the start of the season when he was banging them in left right and centre during pre season?

Boyd was suspended for the first game of the season and then after that its difficult to change a winning team. Although I'd have mad an exception in Boyd's case.

The comments Boyd made earlier in the week said he was running out of patience, so I'm guessing the above story is just to clarify things a bit more so he's not being seen to rock the boat.