Glandular Fever

What a pain in the throat it is !!

Had it for the last few days and its agony

Glands swelled up, although they have went down a bit now. Painful when swallowing food and water, loss of apetite, fever, sore head etc.

Had it since Monday, here's hoping its away for the game on Saturday !

Did you contact that company that were supposed to be interviewing you Fraser - if you tell them you have glandular fever they may give you a second chance

Nah not yet, to be honest i aint feeling good at all to contact them for another interview.

had glandular feever when i was wee. not nice. happily now have no tonsils though.

I have no tonsils as well, got removed when i was 4.

Got a blood test done on Tuesday morning , will hear back next week if it is or not.

Fecking agony though :(

I have no tonsils as well, got removed when i was 4.

Got a blood test done on Tuesday morning , will hear back next week if it is or not.

Fecking agony though :(

really? i thought the main cause of the pain, or the most likely starting point for the virus, was the tonsils. shows how much i know.

get your doc to prescribe you some painkillers. you should phone to reschedule your interview too man, or you'll be annoyed with yourself when you get better. if you apologise for the inconvenience, mention its sudden onset, even if you don't get the job, it's good professionalism and they'll respect it. you'll be annoyed at yourself later for passing up chances. its a tough economy.

really? i thought the main cause of the pain, or the most likely starting point for the virus, was the tonsils. shows how much i know.

get your doc to prescribe you some painkillers. you should phone to reschedule your interview too man, or you'll be annoyed with yourself when you get better. if you apologise for the inconvenience, mention its sudden onset, even if you don't get the job, it's good professionalism and they'll respect it. you'll be annoyed at yourself later for passing up chances. its a tough economy.

You do like your drugs eh ? ;)

I reckon Fraser that if you phone this company and sound like death warmed up they will be impressed at you for calling them and explaining the situation. As Barry says, it is a tough economy and getting interviews is even hard these days !