Borrowed from another forum :

DANIEL Prodan spent two and a half years at Ibrox and never got to wear a Rangers jersey in the first team. But his boy is more than making up for that disappointment.

In fact, the former Romanian international's son Razvan is so Rangers daft Prodan has a tough time getting a Light Blue shirt off his back at bedtime.

Razvan may be just 10 but already knows who he will support all his life.

It isn't Steaua Bucharest, where his dad started a career that saw him win 54 caps. It certainly isn't Unirea Urziceni, the Romanian top dogs who visit Scotland on Tuesday in the Champions League. Not when they are coming to take on Rangers.

Young Prodan might not remember much of his time in Glasgow but knows he was born there and that his dad, despite a serious knee injury killing his Rangers career, loved the club. That is enough for Razvan - and why there is no question of where his loyalty will lie next week.

Daniel, now 37 and working as sporting director with the Romanian FA, laughs at the thought of just how Rangers-mad his boy has become.

Prodan said: "Yes, it's true. Razvan was born in Scotland during my time at Rangers and has always followed the team because of that. When we were in Glasgow last year he bought a Rangers strip with Barry Ferguson's name on the back. He's never got it off.

"Last week a crew from Romanian TV came to our house and Razvan told them he was born in Glasgow and wanted Rangers to win the games against Unirea. The reporter asked him why and he said, 'because I was born in Scotland, I'm Scottish'!"

Prodan senior believes his son will be kept happy on Tuesday because he reckons Rangers will rack up a home win against Unirea.

But the former Steaua and Atletico Madrid stopper, who was signed from the La Liga club by Dick Advocaat for �£2.2million in 1998 but arrived with knee ligament damage that never healed properly, reckons Walter Smith's men will have a tough time in Bucharest on November 4.

The Romanians, coached by Prodan's former international teammate Dan Petrescu, switched the Euro ties to Bucharest because their own stadium isn't up to standard but the lack of home comforts didn't stop them drawing with Stuttgart on the night Rangers lost to Sevilla.

Prodan said: "It will be hard for Unirea coming to Glasgow because it's not often the top teams in Europe lose two games in a row at home.

"I know from my time in Glasgow how passionate the crowd can be and that will be a test for Petrescu's side. As they showed against Stuttgart, Unirea are capable of giving most teams a good game here in Romania, although anything can happen and I wouldn't rule out a Rangers win over here either. But it won't be easy."

The defender, who was eventually freed by Advocaat in February 2001 without playing a first-team game, returned to Romania but managed just 27 games in three seasons before hanging up his boots.

And while Prodan's memories of Scotland are tinged with regret over his failure to overcome his knee problems, he told how the friendliness he encountered at Ibrox helped make him feel at home.

He said:"It was a difficult period for me because I had four operations on my knee and couldn't play for the team. That was a big disappointment but I'll never forget the kindness of the Rangers fans and Scottish people who were so friendly towards me.

"I met some great people at the club, people like John Greig and the kitman Jimmy Bell were so good to me. There will always be a piece of Rangers in my heart."

Unirea's spectacular rise from rural also-rans to Romanian champions after years of domination by wealthy Bucharest clubs Dinamo and Steaua has been one of Europe's success stories this season.

Prodan is full of admiration for the manner in which Petrescu has built his team and admits loyalties will be divided over the next two Champions League nights, even if his son's aren't.

He said: "There are no star names in the Unirea team but they have a very strong group mentality. Actually, their most important player is Dan Petrescu himself. He is an excellent coach, his teams are always very well organised and they play with a real passion. That is why they are always dangerous opponents.

"Romanian football is a bit like Scottish football because we need good results in Europe to improve the country's co-efficient.

"That leaves me in a difficult position. I want Romanian football to be a strong as possible but at the same time still have a lot of respect for everyone connected with Rangers.

"I'll be going to the game in Bucharest with my son and it will be a good chance to catch up with some old friends like John and Jimmy.

"However, Rangers must be favourites to win in Glasgow."