Following on from Cammy's couple of posts this week, I watched us struggle 3 points against Sj johnstone today and it sprang my mind back to a short 15 years ago.

Just where are Rangers? I started attending Ibrox on a regular basis from 1994 as a young 15 yr old and witnessed an amazing team with a great win mentality including the immense talent of Brian Laudrup. One thing about that side until 1998 was the unrreal level of grit and belief and determination to win a game. There was seldom a lacklusture performance. We struggled in Europe - (for reasons that are worthy of another thread / discussion) but in the SPL Rangers were FEARED!!!!! Everyteam can to Ibrox and played 10 behind the ball (which is ironic because the fans used to slag that and repsected a side that came to play us) and we would win, then on the road we were still 'The Rangers'.

Yet these days I have never witnesses so many SPL team going to Ibrox not only setting out with an attacking formation but believeing they can get a result.

Personally for me - Rangers FC are sleeping! We are in sleeping mode! Whether that is down to the managers, players, directors, board, stadium, fans or a combination - how knows - but something isnt right when we play a CL game and we cant sell it out!!!!!!!!

I was thinking earlier today about David Gold leaving Birmingham and trying to buy West Ham, what if he bought Rangers! Would that be the biggest investmant in history? If Rangers and Celtic got a move away from the SPL then the revenue we could pull would be ridiculous!!!! And would swing us into a new level!

Something has to happen soon! We are tippoe-ing along too much and too many fans are getting frustrated!!!

Rangers should go to St Johnstone and come away with a performance that was never in doubt! Nobody would say no to a 2-1 win but to scrape it and play like juniors is not acceptable! I remember just 10 years ago going to St Johnstone and winning 7-0 when Guivarch made his mark! Compare that to us now!!!

Not only that, where are the played hero's we used to have. In the 90s we have them on a weekly basis and couldnt make up our minds who was out fave Gers star!

Now - I honestly can name a current Gers player who I could be nuts about!!

Your frustrations are understood by me, and mirror some of what I feel too.

But Scottish football is peasantville, and we are in the middle of changes within.

I don't think we will return to the days of 9 in a row spending whilst being chained to the rest of the SFL. They are carried by ourselves and our Old Firm rivals.

We, and they, are bigger beasts than Scottish football can handle. Unfortunately we are being strangled by those constraints and as such money from TV, sponsorship and outgoing players will be significantly less than most of the other Euro leagues.

Do we leave and possibly kill off Scottish football as has been spouted by the press - I don't personally think it would as many Bears would go to see there second teams (as would the soap dodgers).