I hate the gym. I've got to a low-weight through the old fashioned method of starvation. That said, I want to eat now, so I was just about thinking about going. But I decided against it. I'll maybe do situps in the house or something.

Hate gyms.

Any good stomach excercises mate?

Gym regular and looking to try some new stomach stuff.

If this is a 6-pack issue then it's diet and a calorie-deficiency you want to concern yourself with.

Can have the best abs in the world, but if your body fat percentage is too high no-one will be able to see them.

If you are just interested in exercises then might help if you tell me what you currently do. My problem with stomach exercises is it's hard to overload the muscles in the same way you do other muscles. There are ways to add weight or exercises of greater difficulty.

Leg raises and weighted knee raises are good exercises.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSVR7YmzmRM&feature=player_embedded]Windshield Wipers[/ame] Windscreen Wipers are bad ass, I do them when i'm bored at work as I never actually do stomach work as part of my training routine. My theory is that if you're squatting and deadlifting heavy and doing exercises like military press then you are working your core muscles a lot then.

Windscreen wipers can be done lying down if that's too tough. Lie on your back and hold a bar directly above your head as if at the top of a bench press. bring your legs straight up and rotate them from side to side as in that video. Think they might be called floor wipers. Video of

slightly different to how I've described.

Trying to find a video of an exercise called "candlesticks" for you too. If these are bit too advanced, let me know and I can make some other suggestions. I just like them because it gets me away from the usual easy and boring crunches etc.

Found it:

4m44s into this video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZA6mvMXxBQ&feature=related]Rocky IV[/ame] are candlesticks. Raise your body up and work against your weight to lower it. Unlike Stallone you can touch down in between reps, I can't do it like him yet. You can also "pike up" to get your body up to the top position, just keep it straight as you lower it.

• 3 weeks later...
I use Tony Horton's P90X program. Good program.

My best friend out here is a personal trainer and holds the Scottish bench press record for heavyweights (500 lbs I think).

Still wouldnt mind the document though S_A !

I like to work out twice a day - at lunch I do an hour of cardio and in the evening I do the P90X which alternates between cardio and resistance training.

Are you taking the pish? you are always on here. Or do you post while running 9mph on the jogger using your telephone. Aye right!Just joking Smilie didn't work.

Are you taking the pish? you are always on here. Or do you post while running 9mph on the jogger using your telephone. Aye right!Just joking Smilie didn't work.

There's 24 hours in a day pete - nae bother :D