Me missing the big picture again

I'll join in all the Walter, Rangers, McCulloch bashing threads throughout the week, but going to make another point that will be lost as we discuss the big issues.

Late on in the game I could clearly hear a chorus of "We love you Rangers we do".

These are the people who make me proud to be a Rangers fan.

Don't get me wrong, I don't advocate accepting mediocrity. What I am saying is that real fans are the one's who are there through the good and the bad (again no attack on fans who could not afford to go today, I was not able to attend the game).

No football club has a right to win. Just because we are fans of the Rangers and are used to winning and probably think we have a right to win, does not make it the case.

Yes many in that team are not worthy of the wonderful support that many of us give (many of you more so than me at the minute :o). But when some of these charlatans have left the club, we will still be there, through thick and thin.

One of the lines in one of my favourite Rangers songs goes "and at the end of the day win or lose we all follow on".

It is the fans that make this club great. Not the euro neds, not the glory supporters. But the guys who really hurt after nights like tonight. Not guys who hurt because their ned pal supports Celtic, Hibs or Aberdeen, but the guys who just hurt because Rangers got humiliated in Europe. The guys who never want to see that again and will turn up to the next game and sing their heart out to cheer their team on to victory.

Fuck the other teams fans. Fuck the SPL. Yes it was a terrible result for Scottish football, more importantly for Rangers. We will come through this though and we will emerge a stronger club because of our great fans. :rfc:

not with the current manager we wont.

I don't remember much about 9 in a row, but am i not sure we don't great one season in europe ( but got cheated ) then the rest we done pants while we kept winning the league.

Trust me i would rather win the league every year than trying to make europe tremble us !

Romania, not a country you would expect amazing things from. In current times now though, improved facilitied plus a much much much bigger nation than Scotland, they have probably got some of the best players in romania and no doubt play for the national team.

God sake, barca got beat at home 2-1 tonight, it's europe, any team you play against will be tough

But you miss the point, we lack the very basics , that every other small team from all over europe have in abundance , the ability to pass and move , to control the ball and move your opponents about to create chances .

Firstly we dont even play to our own teams strength's , we continually play players out of position and whilst unfit , we have no belief in youth and never have , the basic tactical ideas that we watch every week even from smaller scottish teams is something that bypasses us , we have no creative spark from set plays and even throwins cause us problems , their first goal came from our throw in that we lost control of .

Perhaps they were hurting but they see that booing players low on self confidence will not improve performance.

Interesting choice as even in spite of the recent shit we are still in better shape than under PLG and Eck last year yet he kept it through that. :confused:

At least under PLG and McCleish we could play some decent football once in a while.

4-1-4-1 & 4-5-1 at home and constantly trying to defend 1 goal leads is not my idea of how football should be played.

its dire to watch.

I am utterly ashamed to say this , but for the first time ever in over 30 years I left early.

Guy next to me is a bit of an auld fella. An optimistic.

Rothen reached a stage tonight where fans around us were booing his every touch.. the auld fella shouted to one of them to go home if they were just there to boo players.

Fair play.

The third goal goes in.

'Come on Rangers.. one goal and we're back in this'.

The 4th goes in.

'I can't take this..'

He said it with the sound of genuine heartache and he got up and left.. I know deep down he didn't want to and I dare say he never does leave early.. but it just goes to show how heartwrenching watching something like that is even to the most optimistic of fan.

Wattie has continually talked about building a team around his best striker yet doesn't play him , we have one proper center half supplemented with a 39 year old , we continually play players out of position wide right and wide left whilst youth is a waste of time , if I was John Flecks advisors I would be looking for any way out asap as its only a matter of time till we waste him

At least under PLG and McCleish we could play some decent football once in a while.

4-1-4-1 & 4-5-1 at home and constantly trying to defend 1 goal leads is not my idea of how football should be played.

its dire to watch.

We played well under PLG in the first game against Motherwell (I think) and that was it. Once in a while under Eck, I give you.

Gisa, regars your comment on the manager. Perhaps you're right. The point of this post was really to commend the real fans who paid their money, sat and watched that crap, cheered their team in the vague hope oif turning it around and wont fuck off once the glamour games are done.

Guy next to me is a bit of an auld fella. An optimistic.

Rothen reached a stage tonight where fans around us were booing his every touch.. the auld fella shouted to one of them to go home if they were just there to boo players.

Fair play.

The third goal goes in.

'Come on Rangers.. one goal and we're back in this'.

The 4th goes in.

'I can't take this..'

He said it with the sound of genuine heartache and he got up and left.. I know deep down he didn't want to and I dare say he never does leave early.. but it just goes to show how heartwrenching watching something like that is even to the most optimistic of fan.

I actually felt like my heart had been ripped out of my body , and the worst thing was all the anger and frustration that I used t feel when I was younger just wasn't there any more , it was more a realisation that this is what we have become , watching a team that is badly managed from top to bottom , with no vision , no real sense of being or of purpose , I mean really what is the point on Rangers Football Club as we stand just now , we really are treading in a sea of quicksand and we are going in one direction only

We played well under PLG in the first game against Motherwell (I think) and that was it. Once in a while under Eck, I give you.

Gisa, regars your comment on the manager. Perhaps you're right. The point of this post was really to commend the real fans who paid their money, sat and watched that crap, cheered their team in the vague hope oif turning it around and wont fuck off once the glamour games are done.

sorry mate whilst I admire your dedication , you must see that we have a board of directors that dont give a flying fuck about you , and exactly what glamour games are you talking about , in over 30 years we have had maybe 3 good european runs , we have been to some really big teams just to make the numbers up whilst getting royally humped regularily by teams like tonights , whom I may add won their first ever european tie , get real !!!!!!