We Need A Settled XI

What is Davis' excuse for hiding constantly this season?

I don't think Davis was guilty of hiding last night. He was one of the few who wanted the ball albeit on many occassions there was no movement up front for him to make a pass.

I wanted to see Davis played centrally for a while now but now that I have I think he does offer more wide right and this also helps Whittaker.

It can't be easy trying to pick a forward pass when there's only one to aim for and he has three players around him.

Will we see youth given a chance now?

It's not often he has had the chance to pick the same 11 to be fair. Still not an excuse to play players out of position.

I would like to ask him what he has against certain players, Smith at left back for instance. Move Papac into the middle and bring Smith in at left back, a no brainer for me. He even preferred to bring Little in for his debut against the tims, rather than play Smith. Boyd and Novo would have been fighting each other to take the penalty last night, Both players have good qualities, and obviously faults, but that is the type of player I want in my team, ones who wont hide.

Get as much as we can for Bougherra in January, buy a decent central defender, bring Webster back from DU [if possible], and get some youngsters in the team.

I don't think Davis was guilty of hiding last night. He was one of the few who wanted the ball albeit on many occassions there was no movement up front for him to make a pass.

I wanted to see Davis played centrally for a while now but now that I have I think he does offer more wide right and this also helps Whittaker.

It can't be easy trying to pick a forward pass when there's only one to aim for and he has three players around him.

Will we see youth given a chance now?

He didn't have the choice to hide last night as Whittaker couldn't get forward because of Rothen's exposure on the flank.

Usually Davis all too willingly tucks in to allow Whittaker to move on. That's not a problem for me on occasion but he does it all the time which is unacceptable.

I agree he plays better on the right but that doesn't excuse his lack of work-rate and inability to provide a threat in attack.