At 7/1 Hibs are not a daft bet though. Look at the form and take your tinted specs off.

If you were going to use the bookies odds to see where you place your bets you would ALWAYS go for the even money or odds on bets. And I can pretty much guarantee you that over a year you wouldnt make money from those bets.

I don't think chasing silly odds would work either. We'll see this weekend though. ;)

I don't think chasing silly odds would work either. We'll see this weekend though. ;)

Ahhh my young apprentice, value bets is NOT about chasing silly odds. Value bets will come in many different odds. A value bet could be 2/1 in a horse race of 10 horses if only your 2/1 horse has the quality to win.

A value bet I received from a pro was Venus Williams to win Wimbledon at 16/1 a couple of years ago - bet it each way and she was in a very easy half of the draw. Like taking sweeties off a baby.

The pro that I got those tips from made millions from sports and horse racing and he ALWAYS looked for value bets.

At 7/1 Hibs are definitely a value bet this week. That isnt to say that they will win but they ARE a value bet.

Were Unirea a value bet on Tuesday night ? Nope. Why ? They were the minnows, had never won a European game and were coming to Ibrox where we dont often lose in Europe.

Would Hibs be on Sat ? Yep. They are playing well. We are playing poorly. We are struggling to create chances (in our last 5 games we have had one decent goal, a deflected goal and two goals in the OF that were as much to do with poor defending as our own ability to create), we just got pumped in a humiliating defeat. We are without two influential players of whom one is easily our best perfomer.

There are plenty of reasons to suggest Hibs are a value bet this weekend.

Will I be betting on them ? Not likely. I like the bet but wont EVER bet against Rangers (despite my original post).

Whether or not it is value though is entirely subjective. Whether or not you think the bet has a decent chance of happening? Personally I dont and although us winning this weekend wont completely rubbish the idea it is a value bet, I think in hindsight it will prove support my view.

Edited by Super_Ally

Betting on Rangers and thinking they are a good bet this weekend is also entirely subjective. That cant be denied.

Every bet is subjective.

Either way, Hibs are still a decent bet this weekend against us. Doesnt mean they will win, but they are a decent bet with the circumstances surrounding them and us.