The Return Of The Rant

It�s been a while since I last vented my frustration on you poor souls, so this is long overdue! The reasons for the lack of rantings are many and varied, starting a new career which is eating into my time, lack of new and meaningful Rangers related topics (I know, more of that later) and a general malaise in what is happening in and around our club.

So enough of the excuses and on with the ranting, but where to start! Our esteemed Chairman has gone AWOL and taken Boogie with him and the bank appear to be pulling the (purse) strings within Ibrox. Iââ?¬â?¢ll leave you to decide if the two are related. This disturbing turn of events have been predicted for a while from those described as ââ?¬Ë?doom-mongersââ?¬â?¢ but it appears that SDM has taken us to the brink and we are in serious financial trouble and in freefall. Tomorrow sees our latest financial results published and theyââ?¬â?¢ll make for interesting reading. It is predicated that the debt will have risen to over the Ã?£30M mark (again) and with little or no sign of this improving.

This financial meltdown has gotten the hopes of a takeover heightened but there appears to be no-one willing to show their cards and place a firm offer to SDM for Rangers. The recent ââ?¬Ë?riot in Romaniaââ?¬â?¢ and inconsistent form, especially in Europe and the continued speculation of whether further staff cuts (including players and management) donââ?¬â?¢t exactly make Rangers attractive to potential buyers.

However, the recent happenings must have finally opened the eyes of even the most ardent SDM supporters. He has overseen the most irresponsible overspending in our entire history and has taken us to the brink and into the hands of the bank ââ?¬â?? we are at their mercy. Despite SDMââ?¬â?¢s and the banks protestations, there are likely to be wholesale changes at Ibrox come January if a buyer doesnââ?¬â?¢t come forward. This will mean players sold and not replaced and the enforced promotion of young players (not necessarily a bad thing if managed correctly) and a change in the management of the club (again, not necessarily a bad thing). All this at a time where our bitterest rivals are struggling on the pitch and at a time where even a half-decent Rangers team would have had the title all but wrapped up. Tony Mowbry has a worse record than John Barnes and are still 2 points clear of us in the title race (we do have a game in hand).

Our recent form has rightly raised concerns and the usual excuses of injuries and suspensions have been trotted out. Neither explains the lack of basic footballing ability constantly displayed by our players. We have decent players, that is unquestionable, but they appear to be unable to consistently turn in acceptable performances. This leads to the question of whether they are being coached properly. If all of the above is overtly depressing, have some sympathy for your author, I am sitting here typing this listening to The Smiths and Joy Division and with tomorrow being the day we hear about finances, UEFA sanctions and the EPL decision, the mood isn�t going to lighten any time soon.

In the dark and distant days of the early to mid eighties, I used to think that there was never a dull moment following Rangers and despite the lack of success and decent players, I always believed that there was light at the end of the tunnel. In retrospect, I believe that this was youthful exuberance and the naivety of youth ââ?¬â?? no matter what it was, the sleeping giant that was The Rangers were awakened and we went to dominate domestically for over a decade. Maybe itââ?¬â?¢s my age, but there is little or no optimism when looking at the future of The Rangers unless we can convince the EPL to adopt us and attract substantial financial investment. Without this, and being resigned to a life in the SPL, The Rangers that we know and love will continue on a road to ruin and will be the death of The Rangers.

No One Likes Us?

At times it certainly feels this way and at the moment its open season on Rangers and especially us, the fans. The Scottish media who are never slow in putting the boot in, are having a field day with the off-field issues and the ââ?¬Ë?riot in Romaniaââ?¬â?¢. UEFA will have their say tomorrow. Domestically we have to suffer sectarian abuse on a weekly basis with no mention of this in the unbiased media. It even appears that the weather is conspiring against us with the postponement of the game at Tannidice due to a pitch that was no worse at half-time than it was a kick-off. Sitting in the Fair Play Stand watching the officials run round the pitch with a ball under their arms (which was never used to test the surface), watching the DUFC subââ?¬â?¢s deliberately kicking balls into puddles in both halves of the pitch whilst the officials were out, then kicking water at their backs, you just knew that the game was being cancelled.

On leaving Tannidice, you couldnââ?¬â?¢t fail to notice the ire emanating from the Rangers support, at last the sleeping giant had awoken. Like a wounded animal, the Rangers support can only take so much ââ?¬Ë?pokingââ?¬â?¢ before it bites back. It appears the recent happenings have finally witnessed a snarling, biting response for the Rangers fans. Lets make sure we direct our ire in the right direction as people will start to take notice, and long may it continue.

So given this, wasnââ?¬â?¢t it heartening to hear and see the welcome Hamburg SV had prepared for the Tims? You know, The Tims who are loved by every club they play against? Who have ââ?¬Ë?specialââ?¬â?¢ relationships all over Europe? I just wonder if the Hamburg boys would loan us their display for The Piggery on January 3rd? After all Rangers allowed Celtc to set up a display last season, surely John Reid will return the favour (if h isnââ?¬â?¢t too busy insulting us as a way to deflect from his own troubles). More power to the HSV fans who, with a quick search of Youtube, a fantastic fan-base who add colour and noise to every ground they visit.

Some Poor Monkey Has A Tony Mowbry Heid

The Blue Order are rightly praised for their continued contribution to the atmosphere at Ibrox and have been behind some memorable displays, banners and songs. Recently, probably due to the lack of support they receive from the rest of the ground on match-days whilst trying to get the singing going, they have resorted some old school (or should it be skool?) classics like ââ?¬Ë?Frank McGarvieââ?¬â?¢s wife is off ill reputeââ?¬â?¢, ââ?¬Ë?Jorge Cadette and his hair like spaghettiââ?¬â?¢, ââ?¬Ë?If I had the wings of a sparrow (if I had the arse of a crow, Iââ?¬â?¢d fly over parkhead tomorrow and shite on the barstewards below)ââ?¬â?¢.

However, surely nothing can beat The Blue Orders homage to the new Celtc manager. Some Poor Monkey Has Got A Tony Mowbry Heid must rank amongst the funniest footballing songs ever.

Lest We Forget

Iââ?¬â?¢d like to finish on a serious note and take this opportunity to pay tribute to all those brave servicemen and woman who have paid the ultimate sacrifice and also to all those who have served ââ?¬â?? we will NEVER forget.

Cammy F

Now on the main site with funky CammyF graphic...

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=149

Remember we're always looking for articles and writers for the main site folks. The existing standard is pretty good (even if I say so myself) so if you think you'd like to add your name to the site and get your own funky graphic (as well as entry to our private writers' forum), please give me a shout!

:cool:

Great Rant and some great Points

got to challenge you on 1 thing though

"The Blue Order are rightly praised for their continued contribution to the atmosphere at Ibrox and have been behind some memorable displays, banners and songs. Recently, probably due to the lack of support they receive from the rest of the ground on match-days whilst trying to get the singing going"

I sit in the Govan Front GF1 row A bang next to the away support and i will stand up for my wee Section as the atmosphere is always of very good standard and recently some young guys have been showing up with some banners "Govan Front Loyal" if i am correct and they try to get the singing going too.

Hats off to the Blue Order as they are the blood of Ibrox but there is parts of the ground that do try there best to join in and help them out , and also good luck and all the best to whoever is organising the Govan Front Loyal as you should be proud of yourselves and me and my friends would be more than happy to support it.

:cheers:

Yep, the Govan Front lads are doing a great job actually... :thup:

Apparently in the face of hassle from the stewards as well which is a poor show but not a surprise!

At the Hibs game one of the young guys was waving a flag just next to the Hibs fans at full time and he was more or less told by the head supervisor of G4S he would be arrested if he didint put his flag away and move away from the away support

This really pissed me and my mate off so i actually shouted her back over for her to explain why she was giving this 16/17 year old boy hell for waving a flag in his own stadium ??

As usual she then threatened me and my friend with the jail but still coulndt give a reason to why one of the Govan Front Loyal was supporting his own team in his own stadium and being hasseled for it , its unreal only in Ibrox could this be tolerated.

if you sit in the Govan front you will know who i am talking about , small , fat . with specs has a hell of a scowl on her and walks about like she owns the place , we seen her at the St Mirren game too and she just gave us a dissaproving growl.. i look forward to my next chat with her ;)