We have better things to do than move to England

I hope I'm lucky enough never to hear about this EPL bollocks again.... or the mythical Atlantic League, the United League of Planets, or any other fictional nonsense. Why is it we can't just face up to what we are and where we are, and deal with it.

It's nothing to do with what state the SPL is in, it's about facing simple facts about ourselves and dealing with them. For 137 years, Rangers have carved out their place in football by playing in Scotland and it's really not such a bad place we've made. Personally, I'd like to see us all stop looking over the fence in envy and rebuild our own house.

Rangers are a bigger shambles than Scottish football right now and it's almost entirely of our own making. We need to sort out an abundance of problems at home before we even think about anything outwith the club's own doors. A well run Rangers should be helping to lift the Scottish game, not the other way round.

If we are brutally honest, we've made a complete bodge of things these last 20 years or so. The most successful club in the country's history stopped producing it's own talent, it turned its back on huge areas of its heritage, it divided and alienated large chunks of its support, and ended up a debt-ridden mess delivering garbage on the park. Worst of all has been a virtual loss of what was once a clear and cherished identity. A definitive lesson in fact, in how to turn success into failure. Gazza, Laudrup nor NIAR make up for what has been done to Rangers.

Trying to run away from our own mistakes is perhaps the best way to make sure we never turn round and address them. For me, moving to play in the EPL would put the last nail in the coffin of the club I grew up with. I want to see us accept we play in the Scottish leagues and get on with rebuilding Rangers before we worry about who we play each week or how much TV money we earn. If we're the best club in Scotland we will earn our CL money more often than not, we'll again attract and produce he best young talent in the country and, most importantly, we'll rediscover self-respect.

Agree with much of what MF says but what he fails to state is that the the TV money has given the EPL an artificially high status. That wasn't the case during 9IAR. We have to address that disparity in revenue somehow.

To clarify, I wasn't comparing the two leagues. Just the opposite really. I was making the point that (1) we won't be joining the EPL in any case, and (2) we have more need to sort out our club and rebuild our internal structures and priorities than to chase income alone. If, by some miracle, we did find ourselves in the EPL, we would still be the same fukked up mess we are today, only with more money and better players. But we would be no more successful than we are today.

Rangers priority shouldn't be to find income streams to compete with EPL finances..... it should be to create the best football club we can be in the financial environment we find ourselves in.... and to return to our institutional roots.

My view is that the mess we are in and the desire to play in England are two separate things (for me anyway). We could be run very well, and I'd still want the move.

I agree that it will never happen (or extremely unlikely anyway) but one can dream.

We should return to being regular champions of Scotland and aim to being unbeatable.

Assured regular appearance in the top European Club tournament should be our present target.

After this is achieved, we have to conquer Europe and be regular challengers.

I thought moving to the EPL was necessary for us to flourish, more cash, better players etc. but look at the debts of their top clubs, 100s of millions. All those wealthy owners could walk away at any time and with UEFA looking at financial disparity amongst all clubs, this just might happen.

I'm excited about the prospect of club ownership by the supporters. I truly believe this could mean the start of a fantastic period for Glasgow Rangers if we ALL get behind such a process.

I think by the year 2020 the EPL will be begging us to be part of any set up thay may be involved with as the arse is going to fall out of their world very shortly.

We should return to being regular champions of Scotland and aim to being unbeatable.

Assured regular appearance in the top European Club tournament should be our present target.

I thought moving to the EPL was necessary for us to flourish, more cash, better players etc. but look at the debts of their top clubs, 100s of millions. All those wealthy owners could walk away at any time and with UEFA looking at financial disparity amongst all clubs, this just might happen.

I'm excited about the prospect of club ownership by the supporters. I truly believe this could mean the start of a fantastic period for Glasgow Rangers if we ALL get behind such a process.

I think by the year 2020 the EPL will be begging us to be part of any set up thay may be involved with as the arse is going to fall out of their world very shortly.

Challengers in Europe?

:fish: ???

I'm with you big fella. Except the club will never be owned by supporters..... however, it might one day be partially run by them but only if an enlightened owned decides to make it happen.

The current nauseating self-publicity from Bearwood Bear and his Nobody's Supporters Trust will never achieve anything.

Totti, which club do you really support?

Rangers, but I know challenging for the champions league is not going to happen any time soon...

Realistic aims in the future would be to regularly qualify/challenge for last 16 and quarter finals, which other clubs in poor leagues often manage.

Edited by Totti