Please forgive my ignorance

I don't really know what being united really has such a big thing to do with the RST. They are a a very small subset of fans - certainly less than 1%, so even if they have a some part to play in the uniting, there is no reason for them to think that they should be running the show by default.

The biggest problem most people will have with the RST is the self serving agenda of those that run it; they way they run a website ruthlessly to manipulate so many fans online; and the hypocritical way they completely snub other websites as well as any good work by other groups and refuse to join in anything unless they are the instigators.

The RST is seen by many as not so much a vehicle for the success of fan ownership for Rangers, but more a vehicle for those running the RST who probably see this as a fantastic chance in a million to try and seize some kind of power position in the club and their ego's probably see them as the ones eventually running the show.

The self-interests of one person in particular will be seen by many to totally overshadow any interest in the welfare of the club, and possibly he could be seen as quite a dangerous character in these uncertain times.

That's my synopsis anyway.

Can anyone please tell me in idiot's terms the potted history of the ill feeling directed towards the RST.

I'm finding it hard to get to grips with the reasons as to why we can't all get united when our Club needs us.

You know, I don't actually know anyone who has ill feeling towards the RST.

I think you'll find that any animosity or mistrust is directed at those who have used the Trust to further their own position, feed their own egos and utterly failed to realise a fraction of the Trust's potential.

Is there no-one else able or willing to seize the initiative ? Some person or group with the nous to get everyone to back them unequivocably and without suspicion. Unless we unite soon, we'll argue and debate forever and the opportunity will be lost in my opinion.

Like or loathe the RST, at least they appear to have made the first public move.

for me it's because something like seven RST board members left as a matter of conscience after what was essentially a coup d'etat by the current people. from what i remember they held secret meetings to oust the existing chairman and take over the RST. they refused to answer questions on why people and left, and decided to 'protect' the members from all the facts regarding it.

you've got to trust your leaders; i like UCB, but i honestly don't trust the rest of them. i'd love to. we need unity now. but you can't seperate rhetoric from the mouth it comes out of. nothing to me suggests they have the kind of mentality to lead.

we need unity now but you can't seperate rhetoric from the mouth it comes out of. nothing to me suggests they have the kind of mentality to lead.

If I'd been able to think of words like that I could have saved myself several thousand these last few days. :thup:

Having being unable to get involved in the debate for the last few days, I think I'll start here with regard to the perception being put about that a lesser traffic forum like Gersnet is somehow anti-Trust.

The fact is it isn't.

Sure, a few posters may have a few legitimate concerns about how the organisation has developed in recent times but, for the most part, these concerns are raised via fair and valid questions and reasonable, sensible debate. Anyone trying to suggest anything else from this (while shirking from taking part themselves) only goes to show just how valid these concerns are.

Certainly the usual complaints and misreading of the situation accompanied with petulant insults elsewhere show the existence of any olive branch appears questionable.

A pity as I know myself and others are eager to help unify fans in a genuine, tangible sense as shown several months back (and in an ongoing fashion) via the STS project. Of course, once again, the olive branch was ignored then and we're to blame now for simply asking what the difference is in circumstances.

For the record, Gersnet are wholly willing to help in any capacity with regard to supporter's opinions being represented in an open, constructive fashion. I know for a fact that the Assembly and Association remain keen to retain that involvement so we look forward to working with them and anyone else looking to improve the fortunes of our club.

Having being unable to get involved in the debate for the last few days, I think I'll start here with regard to the perception being put about that a lesser traffic forum like Gersnet is somehow anti-Trust.

The fact is it isn't.

Sure, a few posters may have a few legitimate concerns about how the organisation has developed in recent times but, for the most part, these concerns are raised via fair and valid questions and reasonable, sensible debate. Anyone trying to suggest anything else from this (while shirking from taking part themselves) only goes to show just how valid these concerns are.

Certainly the usual complaints and misreading of the situation accompanied with petulant insults elsewhere show the existence of any olive branch appears questionable.

A pity as I know myself and others are eager to help unify fans in a genuine, tangible sense as shown several months back (and in an ongoing fashion) via the STS project. Of course, once again, the olive branch was ignored then and we're to blame now for simply asking what the difference is in circumstances.

For the record, Gersnet are wholly willing to help in any capacity with regard to supporter's opinions being represented in an open, constructive fashion. I know for a fact that the Assembly and Association remain keen to retain that involvement so we look forward to working with them and anyone else looking to improve the fortunes of our club.

Frankie from my own limited use of this site and various other "smaller" sites , the biggest and probably best thing I can say is that these sites encourage debate where as FF has for a few years now strangled and derailed anything from the " party line" , whatever the party line is at any one time .

I had set views on the RST , on rangers in general and on various other matters related to our once great club , the debate on here does not allow you to rest on your laurels if you cannot back your arguement up , in fact the way some debate their points on here at times you or rather I feel a bit stupid for even posting some of the things I have .

All of this is healthy , you dont get people running away screaming timposter if they dont agree with your point of view , there is nothing healthy about posting rubbish and before you know it that rubbish becomes the accepted , drip drip drip anyone , sound familliar to another problem we have .

Back to the main point , this site can never be described as having anything other than the best intentions with regards what we all come on here to talk about which is Rangers , however what I have come to understand is that certain sites namely FF , it's almost as if they are as big as the club and in certain peoples minds obviously as important , the RST had a campaign of Rangers First , some would do well to remember this and adopt it themselves.

Very good post rbr - and if truth be told, RANGERS FIRST is what we should ALL be about. I think some of those having a go at the the RST as being personal agenda-driven are saying such because they see the potential that the RST once had in enhancing the concept of Rangers First.

It has fallen off track in my opinion but that doesnt mean that I want it to fail. I would love nothing more than to rally around ANY project which is aimed at one thing, the betterment of our club.