Bougherra ??

What is WS expected to do with Bougherra now ?.

Ok, he was dropped for last nights must win game in which if we had won not only might have put us in a better position to extend our European run but would have picked up some much needed cash.While a lot of fans agree with that decision, myself included to a certain extent although I might have been tempted to play him @ RB and push Whittaker to RM because of the importance of the game and he is one of our best players,if not the best.

However, he was dropped, we got beat and now my question is when does WS bring him back in to the team ?,see for me I don't see the point in dropping him for last nights game if he comes straight back in up @ the land of the SHEEP !!,so when does he come back in ?

Most probably. Hopefully Smith can sort out the situation to benefit us all.

Still think I would have played him last night and fined him heavy for his antics, it puts him in the shop window and might have helped us win last night

Still think I would have played him last night and fined him heavy for his antics, it puts him in the shop window and might have helped us win last night

I would have gone with that Ian, yesterday was far too important to be dropping your best players. I doubt if a fine would have any effect though it is peanuts to these guy's.

I would have gone with that Ian, yesterday was far too important to be dropping your best players. I doubt if a fine would have any effect though it is peanuts to these guy's.

I just don't see the point in leaving him out for such an important game Pete and if WS wants rid of him then keeping him on the bench does not help that,IMO. As for his fine, that could be handed to the fans that have already booked up to go to Spain for the last CL game as a bit of compensation :)

Walter cut his nose off to spite his face by not playing Bougherra last night. Walter is supposed to do what's best for the team & club, but putting out a starting line up with McCulloch on the right of a center back three where Bougherra would have been a far superior option was certainly not the best option. Walter got it wrong this time.

As for where he goes from here with Madjid, I really think leaving him on the bench indefinitely is a poor decision if we want to sell him because his value is already eroding due to some bad press. Leaving him out of the squad is likely to damage his value even further.

Walter cut his nose off to spite his face by not playing Bougherra last night. Walter is supposed to do what's best for the team & club, but putting out a starting line up with McCulloch on the right of a center back three where Bougherra would have been a far superior option was certainly not the best option. Walter got it wrong this time.

As for where he goes from here with Madjid, I really think leaving him on the bench indefinitely is a poor decision if we want to sell him because his value is already eroding due to some bad press. Leaving him out of the squad is likely to damage his value even further.

Leaving him on the bench was probably the best punishment Walter could come up with and got my full support.

It's easy to take the view that what he did wasn't the best thing for the club, but I believe it was. Punishing Bougherra sends a messgae to the other players and playing him may have had a longer lasting negative effect, as the players are obviously mightily pissed off with him and they may have reacted badly if he was played.

Walter has the SPL to think about as well, and he did what was required and did what was best for the team in the long run, and just one game that we would have lost, whether Bougherra was in the team or not.

As David Holmes said in my recent post "Rangers are bigger than any individual, however talented."