Bougherra ??

So no apology to the fans or the club for being late back.

That is the Moslem way Frankie they are far too proud and egoistic to apologise. They also have a love of their country far beyond we do. People who were not born in a land also seem to be more nationalistic than the inhabitants themselves.(McGready) I have worked with many turks in my life and they are the exact same they get furious if you mention their country in a bad light.

This doesn't make it right but just an insight into how these people think.

That is the Moslem way Frankie they are far too proud and egoistic to apologise. They also have a love of their country far beyond we do. People who were not born in a land also seem to be more nationalistic than the inhabitants themselves.(McGready) I have worked with many turks in my life and they are the exact same they get furious if you mention their country in a bad light.

This doesn't make it right but just an insight into how these people think.

That's how I am with Scotland. Or has our modern generation (treacherous McGeadies apart) no patriotic feeling at all now? If so it would help to explain why we are tumbling down the world rankings.

Personally I didn't have a problem with Magic not coming back , as I didn't expect him to , the fact is our squad is so threadbare we struggle without him is our management's fault not his . We are meant to be a big club

Personally I didn't have a problem with Magic not coming back , as I didn't expect him to , the fact is our squad is so threadbare we struggle without him is our management's fault not his . We are meant to be a big club

Don't agree with that at all. No Matter how bad we are, we pay that bawbags wages. No matter how he feels about his country he should always at least spare a thought for his club.

I think it's down to Walter Smith and the club to discipline Bougherra as they see fit and for us fans to support their decision. He's been left out of a crucial champions league game and while his inclusion may or may not have made a difference to the scoreline is up for debate, he would probably have made an influence on the game. Whatever other punishment he has been given will probably stay between him and the club, but no doubt he will (if he hasn't already) notice some change in attitude towards him from sections of the support. At the same time, speaking for myself, I'll continue to give him a 100% backing as long as he's doing the business for us on the park.

There's no doubt that these lapses are unfortunate and show a certain lack of commitment to the club, it's management and his teammates, but at the same time he has always given 100% for us on the park. It's not easy for a player to raise their profile having moved from England, albeit the championship, to the SPL. We are a footballing backwater after all and yet this is something that Bougherra has achieved through consistency of performance both on the domestic front and in Europe.

His value not to mention appeal to other clubs may have suffered as a consequence of his recent behavior. However I think at the present time we would be unlikely to get anywhere near his actual worth as we would probably take the first acceptable offer (for any player) that comes our way in January.

Spanish club Real Betis are set to offer controversial Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra an escape route out of Ibrox.

The Algerian star, who has infuriated management, team-mates and fans following late returns from international duty, has already been linked with Spurs — and his agent is flying into Glasgow next week for showdown talks.

Bougherra’s troubles escalated last Friday when he was involved in a training-ground scrap with Kenny Miller after the striker criticised him in public.

A challenge involving the pair at Murray Park resulted in a furious confrontation. Now Sportsmail understands Betis, who bid for the player 18 months ago when he was at Charlton, want to know if Rangers will sell him in January.

The Spanish Second Division side play in Seville, where Rangers finish their Champions League campaign next week.

Betis have money to spend as they try to get back into the same league as city rivals Sevilla and want Bougherra as a prize signing.

Ibrox chairman Alastair Johnston has already insisted that the board will decide on potential player sales rather than the Lloyds Banking Group, following the announcement of �£31million debts at the club.

Bougherra

Waiting game: Walter Smith is set to cash in on Bougherra

And Bougherra’s future could become one of their major decisions in January, even though the defender will be on African Nations Cup duty at the time.

The 27-year-old’s agent, Julien Piveteau, claimed last night that he has a private meeting planned with Rangers chief executive Martin Bain in the next fortnight.

‘There was a small problem with Madjid returning late from international duty,’ said Piveteau.

‘After Algeria beat Egypt, he went to meet the president and didn’t get back to Glasgow on time. But everything has been resolved and he likes playing for Rangers.

‘Originally, the club told me we would discuss things at the end of this season. But the biggest issue could be their money problems.

‘I have now arranged to go to Glasgow next week to speak to the club. There have been rumours about clubs linked with Madjid, but nothing has been done officially yet.’

Bougherra, who joined from Charlton last year in a �£2.5m deal, has two-and-a-half years left on his contract. Betis bid around �£2m for him last summer, but the London club accepted offers from West Brom and Rangers instead.

Former Ibrox captain Richard Gough believes Bougherra is destined for the exit door but insists Rangers must time his sale well.

‘I would imagine Bougherra would go,’ said Gough last night.

‘But it has to be at the right time. Maybe Walter Smith has said: “Stay until the World Cup and then we can get as much money as possible for you”.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1232219/Escape-route-Real-Betis-ready-Rangers-outcast-Madjid-Bougherra.html#ixzz0YQkjUKSm