Beaten by a make-shift Mark McGhee side ââ?¬â?? our embarrassing away form continues

I've lifted this from RM because it's an honest summary after today's defeat in Aberdeen by a Bear who attended & it sums up a lot of what I'm thinking myself:-

Beaten by a make-shift Mark McGhee side – our embarrassing away form continues

Written by Muff

"Only 4 goals scored away from home in the league this season - a truely shocking stat!

Doesn’t help when Walter Smith has a tactical nightmare once again, the players fail to turn up, and cannot hit a barn door.

So today, the manager started with Kevin Thomson, Kenny Miller and Madjid Bougherra on the bench . Steven Whittaker, David Weir, Kyle Lafferty and Lee McCulloch kept their place. In midfield, not one player was in their proper position, and Kyle Lafferty partnered Kris Boyd.

We are told by the manager that David Weir would not be able to play three games in a week, yet he starts today, with Madjid Bougherra on the bench?

Steven Whittaker continues to get a game, whilst Madjid Bougherra is on the bench, along with Andrew Little (who the manager think’s can play right back), and Jordan McMillan is nowhere to be seen – 17 minutes gone, and once again Whittaker fails to close down, and we are 1-0 down. It happens EVERY WEEK! Why does he continue to get a game, whilst better players are left out?

Lee McCulloch kept his place in the team, whilst Kevin Thomson sat on the bench? Both had terrible games against Stuttgart, but the two previous matches – St. Mirren and Kilmarnock, Thomson was the better of the two, and played not too bad. Lee McCulloch had a complete and utter nightmare today, and was eventually hooked – yet will still start the next game.

Our central midfield pairing was Lee McCulloch and Steven Naismith – what fucking idiot came up with that one? The both of them are simply not good enough. They got in each others way, failed to look for the ball, gave away fouls – well McCulloch did, because Naismith was too scared to put the boot in....they hid – bunch of fucking fairies.

Steven Davis failed to show up, he was absolutely hopeless, and his inconsistacy is a major problem. Did he complete a pass today?

John Fleck, who impressed in a central role the other week was shunted out onto the left, where he is completely wasted, and one of the worst partnerships in Scotland, was tried out once again, and completely failed. Kris Boyd and Kenny Miller had been linking up well in the league, yet Miller found himself on the bench?

Kyle Lafferty would be better in a circus, because he certainly aint a football player. The least said about him, McCulloch and Naismith, the better.

Kenny Miller did well when he came on, the typical Nacho Novo substitution was a joke, and Kris Boyd and Danny Wilson played well, Boyd especially, but he has to take his chances in these so-called bigger games.

For the first 35 minutes of the 1st half, we were terrible. Second best, couldn’t win a tackle, couldn’t hold on to possession, and couldn’t find one of our own players. Our set pieces and delivery are a complete and utter disgrace, and clearly not worked on. It took us the best part of 35 minutes to get going, which is unacceptable. A side with no pace, balance, width, creativity....too many players lacking the very basics, too many schoolboy errors! Absolutely no drive, passion, commitment, ability, leaderhip or fight. Better 2nd half, and there was only one team on the park, but that doesn’t matter when you fail to take your chances.

Yet again, that bead rhattling bastard, Craig Thomson fails to give Rangers a penalty, yes he should be slated for it, but we had more than enough chances to put them away.

Today we had enough chances to win 2 games, and we didn’t take any of them. Anyone blaming Kyle Lafferty obviously doesn’t have a clue, or has not played football! Kris Boyd went for goal, he got it horribly wrong, and the ball came to Lafferty at about 100mph, whilst on the rise. Even Edin Dzeko would have struggled to convert that!

Kris Boyd made some good chances for himself, and didn’t take them, the one in the 2nd half especially. Lee McCulloch had a good opportunity but failed to get it on target, Kenny Miller had a few snap shots, and missed the target, and both Boyd, and Papac missed chances at the end.

Our pathetic run at Pittodrie under Walter Smith continues, our players continually fail to repay both the management and fans, and the management team had yet another howler – tactically inept, a dinosaur, and his two puppets, who don’t have a clue!

An all round poor performance from everyone, and they are dragging us down even further. Another chance to put the pressure on one of the worst celtc sides EVER, and yet again we fail.

I hope the players enjoy tonight, because I certainly won’t, not that they give a shit."

Edited by Zappa

The only thing I don't agree with is shooting down Naismith because I think he could be a great player for us given time & if he's played in his best position. So far, Walter has had him playing left midfield, right midfield & now central midfield more than he's played him as a striker. Naismith is a forward/striker.

The only thing I don't agree with is shooting down Naismith because I think he could be a great player for us given time & if he's played in his best position. So far, Walter has had him playing left midfield, right midfield & now central midfield more than he's played him as a striker. Naismith is a forward/striker.

I reckon Naismith will flourish when Smith leaves.

I reckon Naismith will flourish when Smith leaves.

No doubt about it. Naismith would have been a better option to partner Boyd today if Miller was to be dropped because he's got more to offer than Lafferty alongside Boyd. Fleck or Novo would also have been better options than Lafferty.

I fail to see the reasoning in playing Naismith in central midfield. It's not a good idea.

Agree with that.

I keep thinking he feels under pressure and he's too 'tight' physically.

Have to agree. He's still young, but I'm not certain that Naismith is coping with the pressure of being in the position he's in. That sitter he missed in the Killie game was telling. I really think he can come good though, but only if played as a striker.

Lafferty is another story altogether. I can't even fathom why we bought this guy & for the amount of money we paid I think we were literally robbed.

Agreed. I'm sure when he was bought from Killie Walter said that he saw him as a striker.

Whittaker, davis, naismith McCulloch and lafferty are simply not good enough to wear a Rangers jersey. whittaker in particular is being shown up on a weekly basis and just about every goal we concede comes down his wing.

Im well fucked off with Davis as there is nothing in his game that brings anything to the team. Naismith other than 1 or 2 games this season has looked well out of his depth. As for McCulloch, well much the same as Dailly we are sitting waiting on one of watties favourites contracts running out. Lafferty boggles my mind. what just is it that you have that provoked Walter to waste 3.5 million pounds on you son?

Too many playing poorly on a continual basis but still finding favour with our cluless manager who is also being shown up on a week to week basis at just how badly he is doing his job.

and we just have to sit here and grin and bear it.

A central midfield of McCulloch (pre Rangers a link up forward of sorts) and Naismith (striker or link up forward) with a front pairing of two big strikers in Boyd and Lafferty tells you all you need to know about a manager who has compeltely lost his marbles.

I'd rather we just stuck kids on the park as long as they were in their proper position. I thought in the last 10 minutes the only players looking creative and composed were Wilson and Fleck.

PS - Lafferty does look shite but in his defence, he's not going to prosper playing beside Boyd or out on the left. That said, we were totally robbed. Nigh on �£4m is a huge amount of money for us and should have gone on a much better player.

Edited by Totti