Aberdeen 1 - 0 Rangers: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

It's a shame that Whittaker is now carrying the can for Walters tactical ineptness.

Before anybody jumps in and says "He deserves all he gets", I'd ask them to stop and think for a second.

Was there ANYBODY else at all, apart from Whittaker, on the right side [before Novo came on] ?

I heard someone saying after the Stuttgart game, "Davies was on the right". Was he ? He was pretty invisible to me if he was.

As for MOTM..............No Rangers player stood out.

It was Davis' job to play right mid. If he pulls inside too often then it is time to either play him in the central position or drop him. The stupid thing is that he should have been playing through the middle and Naismith right yesterday but it seems WS doesnt trust having Davis play through the middle.

As for Whittaker, sorry but there is no disguising his defensive frailties. His defensive positioning is absolutely awful, always has been

It was Davis' job to play right mid. If he pulls inside too often then it is time to either play him in the central position or drop him. The stupid thing is that he should have been playing through the middle and Naismith right yesterday but it seems WS doesnt trust having Davis play through the middle.

As for Whittaker, sorry but there is no disguising his defensive frailties. His defensive positioning is absolutely awful, always has been

i was screaming at davis for standing by and watching just as whittaker got skinned at the goal. Davis is every bit as bad as whittaker and lafferty. They are bringing absolutely sod all to the side but get picked every week.

i was screaming at davis for standing by and watching just as whittaker got skinned at the goal. Davis is every bit as bad as whittaker and lafferty. They are bringing absolutely sod all to the side but get picked every week.

I don't disagree.

It is no surprise that many of our goals conceded come from the right hand side of the team. Whilst we have been screaming out that we need a left sided midfielder we still seem to be stronger defensively on that side of the pitch.

Is that because of Papac ? I don't know. Is it because he is offered more protection from the left midfielder ? Again, I don't know.

What I do know is that Papac doesn't get beaten nearly as often as Whittaker does. Not even close. Now, Whittaker may not be completely to blame but he most certainly is culpable. His positional awareness is shocking and he very rarely prevents a cross ball from making its way into the box. Davis definitely doesnt help him.

There was one game recently, cant remember which, where part way through the game Davis had to go to RB for some reason. Funny thing was.... he actually performed better at RB than he had been at RM this season. I am sure I even suggested for the next game that we even go with Davis at RB and Whittaker at RM.

With how well Wilson has done this season I would actually have no problem in dropping Davis, playing Bougherra at RB and giving Whittaker a go at RM (Whittaker, IMO, should never be played at RB - his positioning simply isnt good enough).

There was one game recently, cant remember which, where part way through the game Davis had to go to RB for some reason. Funny thing was.... he actually performed better at RB than he had been at RM this season.

IIRC, it was the Dundee game at Dens Park craig. That's the first time Smith came up with the genius concept of playing Naismith in central midfield as well.

IIRC, it was the Dundee game at Dens Park craig. That's the first time Smith came up with the genius concept of playing Naismith in central midfield as well.

Nope, wasn't that game Shroo.... I mean Zappa. I didn't see too much of the Dundee game and IIRC it was a game at Ibrox I recall it happening in. Either way....

Naismith in CM is a waste of time. Too lightweight to be playing in there.

Nope, wasn't that game Shroo.... I mean Zappa. I didn't see too much of the Dundee game and IIRC it was a game at Ibrox I recall it happening in. Either way....

I must be mistaken mate. Would be possible to dig up the info, but I can't be arsed. :D