Evening Times stating that Bain has been dispatched back to France to secure the signing of Clement. PLG has made this signing his top priority and we will up our bid. Also reports that we have submitted a �£2.5M bid for Elmader (sp) and this deal could be concluded as soon as Sweden are eliminated from the World Cup (so come on England and T&T!!!).

It appears that the press conforence tomorrow is for PLG to be introduced to the press and mark his official start as Rangers manager.

Cammy F

PLG seems to really, really rate Clement. I know nothing about him but I believe he's a left winger. Is this correct?

If it is, isn't that where Sionko played for the Czechs the other day?

Nah, he's mainly a defensive midfielder who can play on the left of a midfield 3 if required.

Sionko is actually a right winger but again he can play on the left if required.

I'd much rather have these 2 guys plus a genuine left midfield player. Frankly, I'd be astounded if PLG doesn't have one or 2 in mind for this neglected position.

Lyon midfielder Jeremy Clement is reported to have decided to join Rangers.

Rangers have been trailing the 22-year-old all summer with Paul Le Guen keen to bring him to Ibrox.

The Scottish giants have been in talks with Lyon for the last few weeks as they try to thrash out a deal, but they have so far been unable to reach an accord.

Paris Saint Germain and St Etienne are both believed to be interested in Clement after Lyon revealed they are willing to let the player leave Stade Gerland.

Clement has been weighing his options up and reports emanating from France suggest he has decided to move to Scotland.

The news will be a boost for Le Guen as he has made Clement one of his top targets since taking charge at Ibrox.

Rangers are now expected to speed up their talks with Lyon next week as they look to secure Clement's signature.

Hopefully more good news sometime next week then. This just keeps getting better and better :D

Hopefully more good news sometime next week then. This just keeps getting better and better :D

It's been pretty quiet on the transfer front recently but that don't mean anything I suppose, we signed Svensson from nowhere.