Apparently the ref warned him when he went to the Falkirk fans - and when he then lifted his shirt up the ref booked him - in the refs eyes he refused to heed the warning.

I havent seen it so I cant comment other than what I have read

Apparently the ref warned him when he went to the Falkirk fans - and when he then lifted his shirt up the ref booked him - in the refs eyes he refused to heed the warning.

I havent seen it so I cant comment other than what I have read

The Falkirk fans were taunting him with chants of '' you fat bastard'' and when he scored he lifted his shirt up to bare his midrift...Technically it was a booking, but a pathetic booking

The Falkirk fans were taunting him with chants of '' you fat bastard'' and when he scored he lifted his shirt up to bare his midrift...Technically it was a booking, but a pathetic booking

This was discussed on Gersnet just last week. The Falkirk fans taunt Boyd. Boyd scores and has a bit of banter with the fans. They can't take it and go running to either the polis or the meedja.

Cowards!

Absolutely ridiculous. Scottish football is trying everything to take what enjoyment is left in football out of the game. If he had done after his 2nd goal he would have been sent off! Scandalous:( Yet fans can shout whatever the hell they like and get away with it yet when a player reacts they get pulled up for it.. Modern day football eh:confused:

All we're seeing is the continued act of political correctness gone insane. It's been perverted since 'Oxford Inspires' decided to change the name of their Christmas Festival to 'Winter' and not 'Christmas' for fear of offending minority religions.

This kind of PC has no sense in rationality, and it was only a matter of time before anything deemed 'maybe one person might be slightly bothered by that' in football was clamped down and punished.

A woman on your call said he made a wanking gesture to the Falkirk fans but to be honest it sounded more like sour grapes.

I heard that pest (she calls every week). All Boyd done was look at the fans from the touchline and put his hands to his ears then when he walked back to celebrate with Miller he laughed and pointed to the fans with his thumb as if to say "haha to them" (I assume thats where she mistook the wanking gesture) then he lifted his shirt to show his flabby tummy :)

I thought Chick Young was spot on by playing a belly dance tune to every caller. Football will die if there is no emotion.

I bet if it was a falkirk player that pest of a lady would have loved it.