Dundee Utd ticket row rumbles on- RSC Seek Civil Recourse

Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson has been angered by comments made by Rangers' Martin Bain in the row over admission for a rearranged fixture.

United are charging half-price on 15 December following the abandonment of the clubs' meeting on 1 November.

The Ibrox chief executive was quoted saying he was "disgusted and angry at the attitude of Dundee United".

And a furious Thompson told BBC Scotland: "I think Martin's behaviour has been disgraceful."

The visitors were leading the Premier League match 1-0 at half-time when referee Mike Tumelty called a halt to proceedings due to a waterlogged pitch.

Thompson insisted fans were never told their original ticket stubs would be valid for the replay and reduced pricing for the rescheduled match was a fair reflection of the operational costs incurred by the Tayside club.

MY SPORT: DEBATE

Give your reaction to this story

In response, Rangers released a statement expressing their disappointment at the decision.

At Rangers annual meeting on Monday, Bain was quizzed by shareholders about the on-going squabble.

"We did take up the fight because I was disgusted and angry at the attitude of Dundee United," was his reported response.

"The game was called off at half-time and I was standing beside the chief executive of the Scottish Premier League (Neil Doncaster) and the chairman of Dundee United (Thompson) and I said to them at that time, 'I hope that you will see sense and make sure that our supporters retain their ticket stubs and get back in for nothing'."

However, Thompson denies that Bain ever said this in his company.

"It is interesting that Martin Bain was disgusted and annoyed with Dundee United over tickets but never used such strong language after Manchester or Bucharest about his own fans," added the United chairman in reference to crowd disturbances involving followers of Rangers.

The guy is a Knob

That quote highlighted in bold is an absolute fucking abomination.

The actions of our fans in Manchester and Bucharest (regardless on your view if they were warranted or not) has absolutely FUCK ALL to do with the issue of Dundee Utd charging us again and Bain being critical about it.

I hope Gers fans DO boycott Tannadice - lets see how long Thompson will continue to cast aspersions at the Rangers fans when a full stand (plus !) at Tannadice lays empty twice a year.

TWAT !

The actions of our fans in Manchester and Bucharest (regardless on your view if they were warranted or not) has absolutely FUCK ALL to do with the issue of Dundee Utd charging us again and Bain being critical about it.

I hope Gers fans DO boycott Tannadice - lets see how long Thompson will continue to cast aspersions at the Rangers fans when a full stand (plus !) at Tannadice lays empty twice a year.

TWAT !

It should be the next game that is boycotted,they already have the money for this rearranged game

TWAT !

But it just goes to shows you the calibre of boardroom in Scottish football. A nonentity speaking for nonentities. The statement also has the hand of arch Rangers-hater Craig Levein on it as well if you ask me. Remember this was the same club who bent over backwards to screw us on more than one occasion during the tainted title season of 2008. They've now managed to alienate thousands of people with their laughable decision to charge again for the rearranged fixture (anyone think they'd have charged Hamilton or St Mirren?). A despicable little club with ideas way above their station, a more organised support would have boycotted them long ago.

What a desperate statement.

Is this any coincidence that he has gone to print with this story just now, when he is running out of time before my RSC takes him to court over the tannadice debacle, and also that the Trading Standards and OFT are considering criminal proceedings against DUFC for thier actions.

Edited by Frankie

What a desperate statement.

Is this any coincidence that he has gone to print with this story just now, when he is running out of time before my RSC takes him to court over the tannadice debacle, and also that the Trading Standards and OFT are considering criminal proceedings against DUFC for thier actions.

You fixed up with a lawyer mate?

Good luck with that mate... Utd's actions are anti-social at the very least and if they can't handle a bit of valid criticism in that regard without resorting to cheap shots then they don't deserve the financial consistency of our fans' attendance at their disgraceful wee ground.

I was pleased to see Bain retort to the above but actions speak louder than words.