BAIN responds to Dundee United Chairman's comments

More...

IN response to comments made by Dundee United's Chairman Stephen Thompson earlier today with regard to tickets for next Tuesday's re-arranged match Rangers Chief Executive Martin Bain said:

"After being accused that I used the AGM as a platform to criticise Dundee United and cover up the Club's issues, the reality is that the volume of complaints and the tremendous ill feeling that was Martin Bainbeing vented towards Dundee United's decision was a matter that simply could not be ignored.

"It is very disappointing as our position could not have been made clearer at every stage since the game was called off.

"There is obviously written correspondence between the Clubs that confirms this.

"I deeply resent the suggestion that I misled shareholders at our AGM. That is wrong and offensive and I will be taking the matter further.

"I still maintain that football fans have been considered last by this decision."

Andy Kerr, President of the Rangers Supporters Assembly said: "I have been party to all representations made by Rangers to Dundee United.

"What they are now suggesting is completely out of order and the Rangers supporters know the truth of what happened here.

"Dundee United has behaved very badly throughout this whole saga."

Edited by Frankie

Of course I agree with those sentiments Frankie, and the club, as 1/12th owner of the SPL, is as guilty as all the others for allowing a scenario where DUFC can try to get away with this.

It is looking very likely that the SPL will be forced to bring in new rules at it's AGM this summer to deal with this issue due to pressure coming from our friends at Trading Standards.

So at the very least, even if our action proves ultimately unsuccessful, at least we will have ensured that this expolitation cannot happen again.

And that is something I will be extremely proud of having played a small part in, should it come about.

If you manage to precipitate change at SPL level to ensure this doesn't happen again then you've been successful enough for me mate.

A great example of what supporters can achieve to change the game to benefit the biggest investors in it.

There really has to be a boycott of this game and the next one at Tannadice.

When some tries to rip you off, why would go back? By hitting them in the pocket they will realise that it makes better sense financially to treat fans fairly.

Rangers need to allow fans to do this easily with adjustments to the credit card system.

There really has to be a boycott of this game and the next one at Tannadice.

When some tries to rip you off, why would go back? By hitting them in the pocket they will realise that it makes better sense financially to treat fans fairly.

Rangers need to allow fans to do this easily with adjustments to the credit card system.

I think if Dundee United were playing any other club, they would not have taken the decision they did.

You will never get a complete boycott of any first team Rangers game, anywhere in the world, for any reason.

Put simply, if Rangers FC decide to play a game of football anywhere in the world, our loyal fans will follow them there, with no exceptions. I cannot think of any circumstances where Rangers will be forced to play a match and our fans will not go and watch it, including closed doors games.