News & Reports on Rangers Youth Teams

5d2e877d84bab94d7b9ec332bc8499a9_S.jpg

JIM SINCLAIR is confident that there is another batch of talented Rangers players developing behind the current crop of youngsters in the first team.

The club's Director of Youth Development has been pleased by the impact of those who have already made the grade.

However he is eager to discuss the depth of the pool of talent as he eyes the next step on the production line from his department.

He said: â??Behind those that have pushed through we have the likes of Tom Walsh who has already been on for a small number of minutes and the manager has his eye on him.

â??We also have Charlie Telfer, Darren Ramsay, Ryan Sinnamon, Greg Pascazio, Daniel Stoney and Luca Gasparotto who we have high hopes for.

â??So we like to think we are fairly well served for young players should the manager feel the need to call upon them.

â??I think the complaint over the years has been that Rangers have always had the capacity to buy top international players and as a consequence of that Iâ??m sure many young players, who perhaps might have had their opportunity at another club, weren't given that.

â??That is clearly not the case now and whilst the focus is on the youth department and we welcome that and we understand the responsibilities we have, hopefully we can continue to produce players that can take the club forward.â?

Lewis Macleod has played in 28 of Rangersâ?? 30 competitive matches this season at first-team level and his goal against Elgin City earlier this month, his third of the campaign, highlighted his growing confidence and undoubted potential.

The 18-year-oldâ??s energetic performances in the middle of the park have thrilled Sinclair. He said: â??Iâ??ve been absolutely delighted with Lewis in particular but also with Barrie McKay, Fraser Aird and the others.

â??Even if you look slightly further back at Ross Perry and Kyle Hutton they are almost seasoned campaigners now.

â??Itâ??s all positive but going back to Lewis he has hardly missed a beat in the games I have seen and dare I say heâ??s been one of our better players. So itâ??s great news.â?

CLUBNEWS.jpg

Read more on the official site...

I have always said we have a good batch of 1995 & 1996's. The problems are 1997's to 1999's where the overall standard is not so good.

The big problem for these players is competitive games if they are not U17 (1996) or in the first team they don't have any competitive games to play in, how does that help their development ?

Charlie Telfer(1995) has been at Rangers eight years, he is a skillful, creative midfielder. Best central or behind the main striker, tends to be shunted to wide right, but better central.

Darren Ramsay (1995) also been a Rangers since a young age, an all round midfielder and probably next in line for a midfield place.

Ryan Sinnamon (1996) another who has been at the club a long time, right-back and if I had to pick one to for the future it would be him. At 16 this season may be just a bit early.

Danny Stoney (1996) I believe Danny was at Rangers then was released and was resigned a year later, best position is just behind the main striker but can play as the main striker too.

Greg Pascazio (1996) A rare success among Sinky's purchases ( at least 11 have been bought then released before securing a youth contract). Centre back Greg joined from Stirling Albion and the progress he has made has been astounding, this season may be just to early for him.

Luca Gasparotto (1995) Luca has been exceptional since joining Rangers from Canada, he has already captained the reserves. At the head of the queue should a centre back chance arise.

Lack of competitive games and the recent "closed door" policy makes it difficult even for their parents to track their progress.

Lack of competitive games and the recent "closed door" policy makes it difficult even for their parents to track their progress.

What's the script with the 2 remaining reserve games elfideldo? I was hoping to go to the QP game at Lesser as it's local to me, but the fixture changed a few times and is now just marked as postponed on the website fixtures.

I know a QP coach and last i spoke to him he just said "Rangers just keep cancelling it".