News & Reports on Rangers Youth Teams

I wasn't at the game but a Rangers youth side beat Belfast College 7-1 this morning. The goals came from Travis Gregory, Craig Halkett, Dylan Dykes, Lewis Morgan and a Ryan Hardie hat-trick.

Rangers:- Liam. Kelly, Kris Gibson, Jordan Wilson (Michael Mossie), Craig Halkett, Luca Gasparotto, Tom Walsh (Trialist), Travis Gregory, Scott Roberts (Lewis Morgan), Ryan Hardie, Dylan Dykes (Trialist), Matty Clarke.

Ouch, that was a bit of a battering the u14's took off St.Mirren at Ralston.

Just another indication that the standards continue to decline, the scoreline didn't flatter St.Mirren, it could have been more.

Overall standard of 14's 15's and 16's is poor, younger ages are better but Sinky has still to really get involved with those age groups.

News to me I haven't heard anything about Tommy Wilson or Sinclair leaving. In my opinion until there is a change we will continue to regress. In recent weeks teams have lost to ICT and been hammered by St.Mirren. Rangers teams should not lose to ICT at youth level and any Rangers team shouldn't lose 5-1 to anybody.

These haven't been a one off, the 14's have lost to Hibs (4-0), Motherwell (3-2) and Queen's Park (3-2).

The 15's have lost to Dunfermline (3-0) & Hibs (2-1).

Sunday 's game should be interesting, 17's play Falkirk, who have totally out played us twice this season, although Rangers didn't play their strongest team in those games the gulf between the teams in those games was an eye opener.