News & Reports on Rangers Youth Teams

Looks like we've signed up another starlet ...

Scot bids to become an Ibrox star

Published on 13/03/2013 08:00

DREAMS came true for a Garvagh school boy at the weekend, when he put pen to paper on a two-and-a-half year contract for Glasgow Rangers.

15-year-old Scot Whiteside completed a medical at Murray Park on Saturday before meeting ‘Gers boss Ally McCoist to become an official player.

The Coleraine College pupil who previously played for Bertie Peacock Youths and Linfield spoke to Times Sport on Monday.

And he was still on a high from the whole experience.

“It was fantastic.

“I am just glad that all my hard work has paid off.

“I had a bad leg break a few years ago, but I have worked hard and it’s paid off.”

Scot’s proud parents, mum Sharon and father Ady joined him on the trip to Glasgow.

“I had to complete my medical at Murray Park, the facilities there are just unreal - they are state of the art,” explained Scot.

“I then had another part of it at Ibrox, so we got to meet the players in the changing rooms and then we stayed on to watch the match.

“I met Lee McCullough and Andy Mitchell on Saturday, they were very friendly and made me feel very welcome.”

Scot was part of the Northern Ireland Victory Shield side who featured on SKY last year.

His skills impressed several Clubs, but Scot agreed to sign for Rangers, the team he has supported since he was a youngster.

He’s says he’s looking forward to the hard work in the coming months.

“I can’t wait to get started.

“I have my GCSE’s to do later this summer, so Rangers will be flying me back and forward for games until the end of the season to let me finish my exams.

“I won’t be moving over to Glasgow until July and that’s when the hard work will really begin,” said the talented teenager.

Coleraine Times

Snatched from FF elfideldo's comment:

A really good signing, he impressed in the Victory Shield this season. Played at Murray Park against Rangers 15's last season for a team of Irish trialists that scout Phil Cowan brought over and he was one of the players that caught the eye. I think he had other options so getting him is good news.

And he is a centre back !!

Ryan looks like a natural goalscorer, he has scored regularly through the age groups. He takes a high percentage of chances and hope he can continue that theme as he moves into full time football. Incredibly I have seen him stuck out wide right on occassions, play him in the box and he will score goals.

Coming from Stranraer both Ryan and his family have shown great commitent travelling up to Murray Park several times a week. Just heard that commitment has been rewarded and he has just signed a 2 year full -time contact starting after the summer.

So the starting line up looked like this then:

Liam Kelly

Ryan Sinnamon - Greg Pascazio - David Brownlie - Jamie Mills

Adam Wilson - Dylan Dykes - Scott Roberts - Ryan Hardie

Danny Stoney

Gloady Ntumba

Just to keep up to date where these people (usually) play, even though elfideldo already said that Hardie actually more a striker than a winger.