Rangers 6 - 1 Motherwell: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Encouraging to hear that Davis has caught form and appears to be working well with a more defensive minded player (McCulloch or Thomson beside him). Whilst the engine room is arguably the key area of the field for dominating and winning a game it was also our weakest area. If the central midfield can function as well as the back 5 have been and the forward pair then we're looking good for the next few games.

S_A:

I've been the midfield's biggest critic this season. Quite simply until the last few games they've not turned up for reasons best known to themselves.

However, on this form, we have nothing to worry about as we were almost unplayable at times today. With Edu and Mendes to come back, this can only ensure further top displays from those currently in possession of the jersey.

S_A:

I've been the midfield's biggest critic this season. Quite simply until the last few games they've not turned up for reasons best known to themselves.

However, on this form, we have nothing to worry about as we were almost unplayable at times today. With Edu and Mendes to come back, this can only ensure further top displays from those currently in possession of the jersey.

Been shafted with the work shifts recently. Seem to work every time we play and with it being a small team no chance of getting it swapped. So i've missed Beasley's remarkable return to form (he's hardly looked a player since his PSV days). The midfield have learnt to play, the team is attacking at pace and crucifying the opposition. And i'm missing it all. :( Though as long as we keep it up i'm happy. Frankly the likes of Davis and Mendes (albeit the latter has been injured most of this year) have not justified the wages and reputation of EPL players. They should be pissing it against SPL opposition and it's about time they did.

Most of all i'd be looking forward to the return of Edu.

Yip, I like Thomson and he's showed a few signs of finding a better standard lately while McCulloch has done pretty well over the piece this season.

However, I think Edu can outshine them both if he can find his fitness and sharpness quickly over the next few weeks.

Yip, I like Thomson and he's showed a few signs of finding a better standard lately while McCulloch has done pretty well over the piece this season.

I'm very skeptical about Thomson - I disagree that he's found a thing lately. He just doesn't look sharp, or at the races on any level to me. Agree about Lee.

However, I think Edu can outshine them both if he can find his fitness and sharpness quickly over the next few weeks.

Agreed. Edu's the best midfielder we have imo - along with an on form Davis, that is. And that's the partnership I want to see in the middle.

Do you think that's because he's a better player or mainly because (like Beasley) he's looking for a World Cup place?

I'm very skeptical about Thomson - I disagree that he's found a thing lately. He just doesn't look sharp, or at the races on any level to me. Agree about Lee.

Agreed. Edu's the best midfielder we have imo - along with an on form Davis, that is. And that's the partnership I want to see in the middle.

Thomson has been very poor since his returning from his latest knee injury and I posted a few weeks again saying I was worried about his long term future as his pace and mobility seemed to have worsened further affecting his overall game. However, since then he seems to have improved a little so I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for a wee while longer. Today he was all over the park before he had to go off and he looked fit, mobile and sharp.

Edu, like Thomson, was superb before his injury so we can only hope he comes back like Broadfoot rather than Thomson. His increased mobility, better physical threat and more incisive passing means I'd also prefer him alongside Davis. But only if Davis can maintain his form.

Hopefully we'll benefit out of the increased competition.

Do you think that's because he's a better player or mainly because (like Beasley) he's looking for a World Cup place?

Bot of both. I don't think there is a lot between Edu and Thomson when both are fully fit and on form but, as we've seen with Beasley, the incentive of the World Cup can help players find another gear.

As fans that's somewhat frustrating but as a manager, Smith must be delighted with this carrot.