Poor performance, good result

It might not have been a legendary Scottish Cup performance by any means today at New Douglas Park, but I'm actually quite pleased with the result. The team play poorly, yet we still manage to get a replay at Ibrox out of it which will bring in a decent attendance & some much needed cash for the club. I wasn't at the game, but if I had been, I'd be really pleased with the 3-3 draw after witnessing the team playing some horrendous football in chunks of the game. The replay at Ibrox will be far more difficult for Hamilton & hopefully if Davis, Novo, Beasley, Boyd & MIller are all ok, we can give Hamilton a proper doing. We desperately need the wingers back playing & it's possibly even an area where we should be strengthening because with Novo & Beasley both out, seeing Lafferty playing on the wing is enough to make grown men weep.

Agree with Gazza i'm afraid and we know i'm usually pretty positive.

I take the point that in light of the performance the result was not disastrous. But with Celtic having their game postponed and a potential fixture backlog building up we could have done without the replay and taken advantage of a less congested fixture schedule as we attempt to retain the title.

You thought todays result was a good result? :confused:

Going 2-0 up and then drawing 3-3 against Hamilton stinks of shit to me.

Yes, I do think it was a good result & I explained why in the OP. Our performance was poor, surrendering a 2 goal advantage to go 3-2 down, yet we came away from Hamilton with a draw & a replay at Ibrox which will make the club some xtra cash at a time when it definitely needs some xtra cash. I'm not happy that we didn't improve on the 2 goal lead we had & go on to win in style & comfort, but teams outside the Old Firm fight their hearts out in Cup ties because Cups are the only thing they've got a remote chance of winning. Did I want us to hump Hamilton today? Yes. Did I think we WOULD hump them? No, I thought it would be a tough fixture tbh.

Seems to me a humping was on the cards until one of the softest penalty awards I've seen in a long time. Then we lost a stupid, scrappy goal and had an incredibly unfortunate slip in 49 minutes in the first half during the 3 minute injury time. But we fought back and earned a draw which is pretty acceptable under the circumstances but which I also agree has the silver lining of a replay at Ibrox which should bring in some much needed cash (although I think the attendance will be low).

Cup games are full of banana skins and that adds to the drama and if you wanted drama, then today provided a pretty good serving.

Not quite sure what the attendance will be Cal, but it'll be far far higher than today in Hamilton & the club will definitely make some money out of it which is the main point I'm making along with the gist of what Ian said - we weren't beaten & lived to fight another day.

Well IMO i would not have been to bothered if we had lost today,it means we have another unwanted game and the chance to pick up even more injuries,we are already scraping the bottom of the barrell in the terms of players available so to have another game is something we could do without.:(:spl::spl:

Well IMO i would not have been to bothered if we had lost today,it means we have another unwanted game and the chance to pick up even more injuries,we are already scraping the bottom of the barrell in the terms of players available so to have another game is something we could do without.:(:spl::spl:

Come May you would be regretting it i think. Agree with the sentiment though another game is the last thing we wanted.