I don't see anyone griping about the RST. I do see a great deal of dissatisfaction with the performance of the RST and those who run it.

The fact is that the RST isn't the current cabal who all-but-hijacked it and then didn't know what to do with it, nor does it belong to them. We don't need another organisation, the RST will do us just fine. What we need is to extracate the RST from the loony brigade who have barricaded themselves into it.

There is no practical way to change the RST from within and the fact is that the RST DOES only speak for a few hundred. It's a completely unsatisfactory situation and your oblique defence of it helps no one, least of all the RST. Or are you actually claiming the current RST board are somehow worthy of your support?

MF............you do nothing BUT moan about the RST.

And yes. I see no reason not to support the current Board. If I didn't, rather than go on the internet to whine about it unlike most others [who are the main complainers online] I'd take the time and trouble to attend their meetings, put my view across and try to change things.

Maineflyer, just imagine you have waved a magic wand and the Board (past and present) have disappeared. It's 2003 and you are charge. What actions would you take to engage with the fans, in what direction would you take the Trust and how would you do it?

I like a good fantasy as much as anyone but I didn't sign up as anyone's teacher, so you just find your own answers. It can't be that difficult since any other direction would be preferable to the non-event perpetrated by the incumbent clowns.

Seriously, it's the oldest trick in the book, trying to justify mediocrity by challenging critics to come up with something better. But the fact is that mediocrity is still mediocrity, whatever alternatives might be proposed. It's a fool's defence and of no value.

MF............you do nothing BUT moan about the RST.

And yes. I see no reason not to support the current Board. If I didn't, rather than go on the internet to whine about it unlike most others [who are the main complainers online] I'd take the time and trouble to attend their meetings, put my view across and try to change things.

What a dreary tale. I note your advice but fail to understand why you're concerning yourself with what I think of the RST, no one forces you to read these posts and you're unlikely to change any opinions. I've absolutely no interest in what you would or wouldn't do with respect to the RST and I won't be reciprocating with any advice on what you should do. If you're happy with the way the RST is being run or what it has achieved then you're easily pleased.

Just read through this thread.

"The RST speak for only a small percentage of the fanbase."

"Edgar is schmoozing with the Press."

"Hard to change the RST from within."

A wee idea................ rather than constantly gripe about the RST, start your own organisation and see if you can do better ?

Here's an idea. How about the RST learn to take criticism and don't behave like children.

Oh and how can you challenge anyone to start their own organisation? RST previous actions in light of things like Setting the Standard show that the RST are more interested in their own advancement than that of the club. The RST would not welcome another group who are trying to better Rangers, they would see a new group as the "enemy" and attack them and aim to bring them down.

Here's an idea. How about the RST learn to take criticism and don't behave like children.

Oh and how can you challenge anyone to start their own organisation? RST previous actions in light of things like Setting the Standard show that the RST are more interested in their own advancement than that of the club. The RST would not welcome another group who are trying to better Rangers, they would see a new group as the "enemy" and attack them and aim to bring them down.

Yup............and absolutely nobody has a 'go' at the RST.

If everybody I've read attacking the RST online joined an alternative group there would be no point in the RST existing.

I'll ask you [and anybody else here griping], are you a member of the RST ? When did you last personally attend a meeting ?

If you're not happy with them, what are you gonna do apart from sitting in front of a monitor sniping from afar ?

I await your answers.

Yup............and absolutely nobody has a 'go' at the RST.

If everybody I've read attacking the RST online joined an alternative group there would be no point in the RST existing.

I'll ask you [and anybody else here griping], are you a member of the RST ? When did you last personally attend a meeting ?

If you're not happy with them, what are you gonna do apart from sitting in front of a monitor sniping from afar ?

I await your answers.

So what you're saying is if anyone has criticism of anything in life, they are obliged to personally change it?

Makes more sense than standing at a distance and greeting about it does it not ?

Why, why does it? Because you say so? Perhaps you've tapped into difinitive wisdom? Like your friends running the RST?

Can't hang around, I need to set up an alternative Labour Party, Catholic Church, Celtic Football Club, News International, etc, etc ..........

I like a good fantasy as much as anyone but I didn't sign up as anyone's teacher, so you just find your own answers. It can't be that difficult since any other direction would be preferable to the non-event perpetrated by the incumbent clowns.

Seriously, it's the oldest trick in the book, trying to justify mediocrity by challenging critics to come up with something better. But the fact is that mediocrity is still mediocrity, whatever alternatives might be proposed. It's a fool's defence and of no value.

It wasn't meant to be a defence or justification for anything. I'm not claiming we're perfect or haven't made mistakes. Can I ask you another question then? Why did you join the Trust and what did you want it to achieve? (okay that's 2 questions:))