Yup............and absolutely nobody has a 'go' at the RST.

If everybody I've read attacking the RST online joined an alternative group there would be no point in the RST existing.

I'll ask you [and anybody else here griping], are you a member of the RST ? When did you last personally attend a meeting ?

If you're not happy with them, what are you gonna do apart from sitting in front of a monitor sniping from afar ?

I await your answers.

Yes I am. A life member in fact. Paid for annual members for a further 10 Gersnetters. Never attended a meeting as it is physically very difficult. Does that mean that I am a bad member and simply griping ?

The thing is, if the RST is such a progressive organisation then they should be taking the criticism on board and at least TRY to improve where possible. I havent seen much progression in that regard recently.

Some call it sniping, others will call it constructive criticism. At the end of the day those involved with the Trust need to be thick-skinned enough to know that they cant please everyone and there will be criticism but where people are having similar issues surely the Trust would be well served in trying to see if they could utilise some of the suggestions.

Now, how about someone from the Trust explain just why it was that the very same organisation ignored the fine STS Project ? Now, I defy anyone to tell me that particular project was not worth standing behind as it at least put forward suggestions for bettering the club. Why was it that only the Trust and FF did not acknowledge it ?

I thought the Trust was about bettering the club, no ? From their refusal to back STS it would appear to some that the Trust, rather than being about bettering the club is about progressing other agendas, especially when they have something tangible at hand to support (STS).

But is this all "griping" ? Call it what you will but IMO it is constructive criticism and so long as the Trust do not take it on board then their efforts will continue to be futile.

It wasn't meant to be a defence or justification for anything. I'm not claiming we're perfect or haven't made mistakes. Can I ask you another question then? Why did you join the Trust and what did you want it to achieve? (okay that's 2 questions:))

Sorry mate, without the "we" I might have taken the bait but years of one-sided correspondence with the RST eventually drains the batteries. You're just the latest in a very long line of people who want to ask questions but never answer them. I did join the RST, life member. Until they offered to refund my �£100 membership so that I could no longer justify asking them for answers. Nice people those RST folks.

Makes more sense than standing at a distance and greeting about it does it not ?

So, seeing as you want pro-active responses, how about we see how you PERSONALLY are going to deal with us skeptics of RST-type organisations? You want action, so then, so do I! I want to see how you are going to deal with us being critical, in the real world, and not just replying to our posts. What are you going to do, in the real world, about us EB?

How about YOU answering the questions I asked above ?

Maine was spot on - the easiest and oldest trick in the book to deal with critics is demanding they fix the things they are critical of. See, even I did it above as a homage to you. It's a cop out and suggests criticism is feeble.

Yes I am. A life member in fact. Paid for annual members for a further 10 Gersnetters. Never attended a meeting as it is physically very difficult. Does that mean that I am a bad member and simply griping ?

The thing is, if the RST is such a progressive organisation then they should be taking the criticism on board and at least TRY to improve where possible. I havent seen much progression in that regard recently.

Some call it sniping, others will call it constructive criticism. At the end of the day those involved with the Trust need to be thick-skinned enough to know that they cant please everyone and there will be criticism but where people are having similar issues surely the Trust would be well served in trying to see if they could utilise some of the suggestions.

Now, how about someone from the Trust explain just why it was that the very same organisation ignored the fine STS Project ? Now, I defy anyone to tell me that particular project was not worth standing behind as it at least put forward suggestions for bettering the club. Why was it that only the Trust and FF did not acknowledge it ?

I thought the Trust was about bettering the club, no ? From their refusal to back STS it would appear to some that the Trust, rather than being about bettering the club is about progressing other agendas, especially when they have something tangible at hand to support (STS).

But is this all "griping" ? Call it what you will but IMO it is constructive criticism and so long as the Trust do not take it on board then their efforts will continue to be futile.

Hi Craig,

How much different was STS from We Deserve Better? I only briely glanced at STS but it seemed to have a lot of the same basic premise.

Can I just ask what happened to the bid from Florida which the RST was backing wholeheartedly?

Is it dead in the water after the alleged front man was discredited?

Can I just ask what happened to the bid from Florida which the RST was backing wholeheartedly?

Is it dead in the water after the alleged front man was discredited?

"Forty-Eight hours to save Rangers."

"Only one show in town."

"The RST is relevant and credible"

Only one of these quotes is a fiction.:)

"Forty-Eight hours to save Rangers."

"Only one show in town."

"The RST is relevant and credible"

Only one of these quotes is a fiction.:)

It did reek of scaremongering at the time.

Maybe some of the RST people could update us on what the current position is

with the Florida bid now that it appears Dave King has dipped his toe in the

water?

Sorry mate, without the "we" I might have taken the bait but years of one-sided correspondence with the RST eventually drains the batteries. You're just the latest in a very long line of people who want to ask questions but never answer them. I did join the RST, life member. Until they offered to refund my �£100 membership so that I could no longer justify asking them for answers. Nice people those RST folks.

Fair enough if you don't want to answer the questions but I think the answer may have offered some insight into the difficulties the Trust has faced since the start. At the beginning, many saw it as an anti-SDM vehicle and a way to put pressure on him. Many joined the Trust as a result. When it became apparent that this was a small minority view at that time a decision was made to try to work with the regime and we began regular meetings. The anti-Murray brigade didn't like this and others didn't like the fact that we couldn't always divulge what was said. We then went for Board representation but the club messed us about so much and it eventually led to the resignations in 2008. Since then we have been trying to improve things like communications and I think we have done so. I think if we were eg in a Newcastle situation then it would have been easy for a Trust to unite the fans but until recently the vast majority of the fans thought the sun shone out SDM's backside, some still do. Perhaps we should have done things differently, who knows whether that would have made any difference.

As for your refund, were you offered a phone call or a meeting to discuss your questions and concerns but you declined?

What a dreary tale. I note your advice but fail to understand why you're concerning yourself with what I think of the RST, no one forces you to read these posts and you're unlikely to change any opinions. I've absolutely no interest in what you would or wouldn't do with respect to the RST and I won't be reciprocating with any advice on what you should do. If you're happy with the way the RST is being run or what it has achieved then you're easily pleased.

And yet again you post absolutely nothing constructive.

The difference between us is, I may be happy with the RST [maybe not] and you're obviously not. But I don't come onto forums every day crowing about how delighted I am. You seem to take great pleasure in going on and on posting about something you have no active concern with.

Edited by elderslieblue

Why, why does it? Because you say so? Perhaps you've tapped into difinitive wisdom? Like your friends running the RST?

Can't hang around, I need to set up an alternative Labour Party, Catholic Church, Celtic Football Club, News International, etc, etc ..........

I note you didn't quote the second part of my post.

'Nuff said.