Again folks can we please keep the thread on topic.

I think both sides of the debate have interesting and valid points to make so these are only being lost amongst the handbags. We're all surely capable of taking criticism and acting upon it like adults. I doubt anyone needs to speak for others in that regard.

:)

And yet again you post absolutely nothing constructive.

You're just a blowhard. You're preaching at people to 'do something about it' but wouldn't do it yourself about anything you criticise yourself.

Stop the self righteous sanctimony and give respect to those who offer criticism.

You're just a blowhard. You're preaching at people to 'do something about it' but wouldn't do it yourself about anything you criticise yourself.

Stop the self righteous sanctimony and give respect to those who offer criticism.

Surely criticism of your criticism must be given respect also?

Surely criticism of your criticism must be given respect also?

Only if it was critical. If criticism is made of criticism for criticism's sake, then that's critically unfair.

:D

You really don't do irony, do you?

I'll repeat, what are YOU doing about anything apart from whining online ?

Nothing wrong with criticism. But only if it's constructive.

I'll leave the stage [again] to you to give an answer.

EB:

I can see your point pretty easily. As someone who has 'represented' the support to a very small degree, I'm more than aware of how frustrating it can be when people appear to question everything and offer nothing but unfair criticism (even if that may be subjective to the recipient obviously).

As such it is very easy to automatically become defensive and ask what the other is doing in reply. Sometimes that is a fair response, sometimes not; as it completely depends on the issue and context.

I'd contend there are some people across the community (and beyond) who are disingenuous in their criticisms of the Trust - or other fan organisations as well. There are also some who take such criticisms (even valid ones) too far and that often reduces the credibility of their otherwise sound argument.

However, I don't think that is the case on Gersnet. Sure there are a few strong critics but, for the most part, I think they make their point reasonably enough and it isn't always easy to dismiss their concerns by deflecting back to their contribution. Nor should it be as the fact is the RST (and the other organisations) exist for the benefit of their members (and often the support at large). Ergo, debate will always be prevalent from fans who are interested in what they have to say and do. IMO, such debate should be embraced rather than deflected, patronised or ignored because it may go against that organisation's current strategy.

Obviously, the converse is true for those outspoken against such organisations. Sure, criticise; but far better to avoid unfair criticisms while appreciating the decent work that is done.

There is a fine line and I think it's observed by most (if not all) here.

:)

What is anyone doing? I can't see much happening at all by anyone. The last bit of really constructive effort which I have seen was the STS project.

Just a quick comment to say that the STS project, like other similar work I'm sure, has hit the buffers so to speak due to the uncertainty surrounding the club.

Hopefully there will be some movement on both topics over the coming weeks and months. In many ways, I'm very happy with some of what STS has managed to highlight (and perhaps even precipitate some changes) but there is always more to examine on that front. Most of the articles are already a year old so arguably out of date which means they'll have to be revisited in the medium term.

Perhaps the RST and FF will be more willing to be involved if such a re-examination and refinement is undertaken? :whistle:

You really don't do irony, do you?

I'll repeat, what are YOU doing about anything apart from whining online ?

You're the one making the demand that we DO do something. I'm not. I'm perfectly happy to just constructively criticise, but I'm not demanding anyone else with criticism makes a practical solution. That's been the bee in your bonnet this whole thread, not mine or anyone else's.

Nothing wrong with criticism. But only if it's constructive.

Not true, you've clearly implied that criticism without action is nigh on irreprehensible. You're the one banging on with your bleeding heart at everyone who gives criticism, constructive or otherwise, to formulate actions based on them.

I'll leave the stage [again] to you to give an answer.

I've already given my answer in my first post. It wasn't even criticism, it was my opinion of supporters' groups. I hope that satisfies your insatiable desire for answers.