http://www.sundaypost.com/postindex.htm

By Danny Stewart

DANNY WILSON and John Fleck have been left stunned by suggestions they have set their sights on England.

Rangers� teenage stars, who still have 18 months to run on their contracts, have been unable to agree on new deals.

Repeated attempts by Chief Executive Martin Bain to broker pay packages have stalled.

And on Friday manager Walter Smith said it appeared the pair saw their futures elsewhere and were putting contracts ahead of their careers.

That has shocked Wilson and Fleck, both of whom have been Rangers supporters since boyhood.

Baulked

Wilson has baulked at accepting a new four-year deal.

It is understood that was in response to an offer heavily weighted towards appearances.

And while there is interest in the young central defender from Manchester United and Spurs, his desire is to stay at Ibrox, albeit on his terms.

Fleck is like-minded. Mainly used off the substitutes� bench this season, he helped set up Nacho Novo�s winner at Hamilton yesterday.

His only wish is to do so with Rangers. In any case, there are no clubs currently queuing up to try and lure him south.

The players� advisors, the Stellar Group, were last night tight-lipped on the situation.

All a spokesman would say was, ââ?¬Å?Our clients are fully committed to Rangers Football Club.ââ?¬Â

great news give them a 5 year contract worth 5 grand a week and if they keep playing better give them a pay rise bain :spl:

Told you dont panic as much as I have critiscized Wattie for in the past he is playing a blinder just now , everyone just calm down

It's all right for you to say keep calm as you obviously have inside information, we don't. :)

Told you dont panic as much as I have critiscized Wattie for in the past he is playing a blinder just now , everyone just calm down

Lol @ Ian's response, but hope you are right.

A lot of statements in that article not backed up by a single quote. :confused:

Still don't understand what possible game Walter would be playing or hoping to achieve by coming out and saying both players want to leave the club though?

Listen guys I honestly dont have any concrete info , but what I have been told is that there will be a lot , an awful lot , of negative stories coming out and that I should ignore it . Boyd has told Smith he wants to stay , in fact all the players know what is happening and that's one reason not one player has been in the papers crying about new deals , in fact there has been no talk bar winning games .

Whoever is behind this consortium and yes I 100% believe that it will happen , is playing it very well and our present management team seem to be totally intune , Muir keeps getting mentioned in nothing but negatives and I have been told that the pressure seems to be getting results .

I know only this honestly , but the guy who is one of my best friends of over 26 years doesn't bullshit , and is in a position where he is very rarely wrong , dont get me wrong he doesn't know signing targets or on speed dial to players but is in a position that he has to know certain info before it can be released , hopefully I will know more next week .

I should also point out he told me weeks before it got out about Scot Brown having met and agreed a deal with us , only for that deal to go pear shape , oh how I really enjoyed being slaughtered for that wee exclusive

Edited by rbr

Glad we didn't sign Brown anyway. Last thing we need's a midfielder that goes missing in games because he's running around like a headless chicken looking for his handbag to get some makeup out.