Rangers 2 : 0 Hamilton (AET) - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Rangers go through to next round with extra-time victory over ever-stubborn Hamilton Accies.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=195:hamilton-0-1-rangers-player-ratings-and-mom-poll&catid=35:analysis&Itemid=67

:sw: for me mainly for his goals but I think the lad deserves a bit of credit for keeping his head high amongst ever present criticism from the fans.

Sasa best for me, another impressive attacking performance.

I wish Weir would just give the ball to someone else, the nearer the better.

Whittaker I just don't what to make of him, he was left mid last Saturday and couldn't give a 5 yard pass to a team-mate. Whether it's his concentration that lets him down, but the first goal gave him confidence and he seemed to take it from there.

I thought Fleck improved greatly when he was moved inside. He must get a run of games in his natural position before too long.

Davis, another one who showed the difference when playing in his best position.

Miller could [should] have had a hat-trick, makes great runs, but his finishing still lets him down.

Finally just to say, I would have big Lee in my team every game, central partnership of McCulloch and Davis for Saturday.

thought we were poor again. a very dull, tired affair with very little quailty. was bored out my face for most of the game.

sorry, but we need a big kick up the arse. Last 3 performances - 4 if you include against the ****s have been shocking. Injuries or no injuries - we have to be better than that.

Thought we played quite well last night. On another day we could have won 6-0.

Novo and Miller were very sharp in the first half and Papac and Davis backed them up really well. Almost a 4-2-3-1 formation we started with which appeared quite alien.

Hamilton parked the bus after about 60 minutes and it was always going to be tough after that.

Considering the players we had out (and yes it does have an effect imo Moody Blue), I thought the performance was good. The best of the year probably (which doesn't exactly say much)

Edited by OnlyOneAmoruso

Thought we played quite well last night. On another day we could have won 6-0.

Novo and Miller were very sharp in the first half and Papac and Davis backed them up really well.

Hamilton parked the bus after about 60 minutes and it was always going to be tough after that.

Considering the players we had out (and yes it does have an effect imo Moody Blue), I thought the performance was good. The best of the year probably (which doesn't exactly say much)

Mate - this was Hamilton we were playing - Hamilton. They are awful and would struggle in League 2 in England. In the last 3 games against them we've sunk to a worrying low IMO.

And - in terms if injuries - last night, only Boyd and Boogie (and maybe Mendes or DMB) would have been definite starters. 2 key players, yes - but in Wilson we had an adequate replacement. We should never use these type of excuses against the qualoity of opposition like Hamilton.

Also, it tells you alot about a players character when they can't perform in front of small crowds and no atmosphere. where's the hunger, drive, determination to play for the jersey ??

Sorry - not a happy bear this morning. I just find our performances (outwith Dec) unacceptable.

we can sit smug at the top of the table - which is great - but we should be concerned by many things on the park. we have alot of work to do.

Mate - this was Hamilton we were playing - Hamilton. They are awful and would struggle in League 2 in England. In the last 3 games against them we've sunk to a worrying low IMO.

And - in terms if injuries - last night, only Boyd and Boogie (and maybe Mendes or DMB) would have been definite starters. 2 key players, yes - but in Wilson we had an adequate replacement. We should never use these type of excuses against the qualoity of opposition like Hamilton.

Also, it tells you alot about a players character when they can't perform in front of small crowds and no atmosphere. where's the hunger, drive, determination to play for the jersey ??

Sorry - not a happy bear this morning. I just find our performances (outwith Dec) unacceptable.

we can sit smug at the top of the table - which is great - but we should be concerned by many things on the park. we have alot of work to do.

We were missing what I would consider our 3 best players. Boyd, Bougherra & Mendes. When you take into account Beasley's form prior to his injury and the form Novo was in on the left wing then thats 5 positions which aren't being filled as best they can due to injury. No team could perform as well in that situation imo. I think you're being overly harsh.

We were missing what I would consider our 3 best players. Boyd, Bougherra & Mendes. When you take into account Beasley's form prior to his injury and the form Novo was in on the left wing then thats 5 positions which aren't being filled as best they can due to injury. No team could perform as well in that situation imo. I think you're being overly harsh.

mendes hasn't played since October - Wilson filled Boogies boots. Boyd was probably the main miss - and yes, DMB would more than likely start. However - i repeat - this was Hamilton - a piss poor side who would be in England's lowest league.

thought our touch, composure, passing, shooting was very poor last night - and in last few games generally. there was no fluency and virtually no cohesion.

We should be offering far more than we have been. We're led to believe that we have great motivators in the coaching staff - where has that been recently ?

Papac MoM for me

Not going to rate the whole team but i will say i hope that this is the last we see of Fleck playing as a winger

Thought Papac did well in the first half but wasn't so effective after that.

I worry about Fleck as I simply don't think he's as good as some make out. Sure he's better just off the main striker (as we seen against St Mirren in November) but I don't think he does enough when he doesn't have the ball and his decision-making is poor with it.

However, he's still a young lad so I'm maybe being a bit harsh.