Fleck refusing contract a misunderstanding apparently...

John Fleck has resumed contract negotiations with Rangers following a misunderstanding with his agent.

Gers boss Walter Smith said: "The players have the same agent and we have found out in John's case that there has been a slight misunderstanding between the representative and the club.

"John wasn't fully aware his agent was negotiating a contract and the negative press was a little hard on him.

"It was reported he had turned down the contract when he actually hadn't, so negotiations are now taking place."

Speaking on Blues News, Smith added: "Danny's situation remains the same but John is getting an opportunity to play and we are delighted with him, so hopefully something can happen."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/fleck-cites-misunderstanding-rangers-contract-talks-resume-601031

Misunderstanding? Or no-one interested in signing him?

So cynical I am.....

Mike.

I thought that myself. :D

Was also wondering if there was a chance that it was all designed to add to the unrest of the fans towards Muir and the bank... (including Boyd not immediately accepting the deal offered)

Can the mismanagement of the club get any worse, "John wasn't fully aware his agent was negotiating a contract and the negative press was a little hard on him."

It reeks of incompetence at best and total nonsense at worst, personally I do not believe a word of it, WS appeared to distance himself on radio tonight from Saturdays bannerama, strange since his as yet unproven remark started it all off.

As for KB I would put money on him being reunited with McLeish, hope I am wrong but if he hasn't signed by window close, I think he is off.

WS appeared to distance himself on radio tonight from Saturdays bannerama, strange since his as yet unproven remark started it all off.

Not strange at all - since those comments all those months ago Smith hasn't said a single word about our financial situation. He's refused more than once to say anything further about who owns us and what our financial situation is.

Which, tbh, hints strongly at him stirring in the first place - and tbh while initially it looked a strong hand and seemed to set the ball rolling, all it's really achieved is loads of ammo for Watson and co at OAE to fire at us. And banners at Ibrox.

It reeks of an experienced manager slapping down a sassy player and his agent. Would it kill you to give credit where it is due?

Yes I will give WS credit for starting the whole sorry circus that has ensued since his unproven and refuted remarks, which have been of help to no one. This is WS who allegedly threatened to walk if there was no transfer funds.

http://news.stv.tv/sport/126427-walter-smith-demands-cash-promise/

YES it's all Walter's fault , that's why he has no contract and none of his management team have a contract , it's his fault that 6 players are out of contract at the end of the season with very little movement by the board ( cause they aren't allowed ) , it's walter's fault we haven't bought a player in 3 transfer windows , yes nothing to see here move along back to puttin your heads in the sand and gloating over our demise like good wee lackies . PATHETIC