to renew or not to renew our season books

That is the question. Its a catch 22. If we all do there is the the distinct possibilty that Mr Muir will take every penny he can get his hands on. If we dont it could see the bank more drastic action to recover its money due to lack of income leaving us on the verge of administration (if you can get any closer!)

Every way we lose and have to chose the lesser of two evils. paying the bank ourselves or going to the wire.

the choice is yours!

Once every year comes the one meaningful opportunity to exercise pressure on those running the club (whoever you might believe that actually is)..... and that is to withhold ST money. That's my view and I've written enough articles on the subject for years.

You may not agree and perhaps some have different priorities but let's be very clear on two points...........

1. A season ticket is not a badge of honour that somehow makes anyone a "better" or more loyal supporter.

2. It is perfectly possible to buy a ticket for every game on an as-you-go basis, putting even more money into the club's coffers in the process.

I decided to give mine up as I sat in my seat at Ibrox watching us thump Dundee United 5-0 about 4 years ago. The money we pay isn't matched with the performances on the park. To me, it was a no brainer. My money is better spent elsewhere these days anyway.

It actually worked out OK in the end since my job means I work Saturdays.

I decided to give mine up as I sat in my seat at Ibrox watching us thump Dundee United 5-0 about 4 years ago. The money we pay isn't matched with the performances on the park. To me, it was a no brainer. My money is better spent elsewhere these days anyway.

It actually worked out OK in the end since my job means I work Saturdays.

Not questioning what you do with your money but you say you gave up going because performances weren't good enough after watching us beat Dundee Utd 5-0???

Not questioning what you do with your money but you say you gave up going because performances weren't good enough after watching us beat Dundee Utd 5-0???

Basically Cal, I got bored.

After watching us taking a thumping of St Johnstone 2-0 in a league cup match when they were in Div 1, after the countless games I attended in December, January and February of previous years freezing my balls off because the entertainment on the park gave us nothing to cheer about. I don't see how it's value for money! Going to Ibrox on a freezing January afternoon to watch us thump teams didn't excite me anymore not that that happened much I may add.

Basically you get ST for the Celtic games, the Aberdeen games and possibly Hibs now and the option of the away games which cost you even more money.

Edited by Gazza_8

I can understand someone renewing their ST on some matter of principle but to propose doing so simply on the basis of always having done so before is fairly Jurassic. It's either admitting not actually having any reason for renewing or being unwilling to admit the true nature of the reasons you do

I had one but had to give it up as it just was not possible or affordable for me to travel to all the games.But I have since been offered by a local club to take one and games I cannot attend they can use it and maybe get something back towards the cost.