Last time I watched it (3-4 years ago when I couldn't sleep while at uni) it was shit. Though watched a game shown on BBC recently and it was more bearable as during the incessant ad-breaks in the US over here they cut to the studio who explained wtf was going on.

That said, I slept from about 6 a.m. til 1p.m. today because of the UFC so will prob need something to do while i'm awake most the night. :(

I remember trying to watch it a few years ago when one of the teams scored a touchdown from straight from kick off. The guy kicked off and the opposition bloke caught it and ran straight up the other end to score. Fell asleep after that!

Yep, watched it. Good game, wanted the Colts to win (wife is a Colts fan) but not too bothers as I won 2k from a pool anyway, regardless of result.

At half-time I was confident the Saints would win it even though they were trailing. The Colts were struggling to contain the Saints offence and were playing prevent defence and refused to blitz at all - which gave Brees far too much time in the pocket. Strangely enough when they came out for the 2nd half I had a suspicion the Saints would on-side kick it.

Probably one of the better Superbowls in the last 10 years, although the climax of last year's was pretty impressive.

S_A, as for UFC.... how much blood was Chael Sonnen spurting from that head wound ??? And isnt it pretty imcredible how durable Randy Couture is ? The bruise under Mark Coleman's eye was massive too. Decent event, but not the greatest.

I watched the first half but also fell asleep. A game that lasts an hour but takes 3-4 hours to play will never be top of my viewing list. And they worry about a few minutes extra for video evidence at football matches.:confused:

Fact is that most Americans only watch it because their TV tells them to, makes them more American. Over here it tends to be mainly contrarian attention-seeking. Why else would ostensibly mature people willingly acknowledge so much hype and vomit?

I surely love the country and have family there but if anyone wants proof of the knobhead nature of the average American sportsfan then look no further than Nascar - vast sums of money dedicated to persuading huge crowds to watch cars going endlessly round in fukking circles.

I've never trusted the Americans when it comes to sport. They just don't seem to have a clue. It's one of the few countries in the world where neither of the three great games of the British Empire - football, cricket and rugby - have ever caught on. Instead they turn to utter, utter garbage like "American football" and basketball.