The current squad is pretty damn woeful, that defence is murder, although we have 2 decent keepers to pick from.

We've grown accustomed to some dodgy Scotland sides but usually there's a few key players to rely on. Now though, the squad looks like some mid table championship level group of players.

Just over ten years ago we at least had a fully fit Weir, Hendry, Ferguson, Burley, McCann, Collins, Hutchinson etc that provided a strong back bone of experience and talent. We gave England a run for their money in Euro 2000 qualification. That would never happen with this current squad, it would be a walk in the park for them.

The central defence is a big concern, we need a strong and reliable player there.

Edited by Totti

Rangers 6 Celtic 1. :rfc:

Wrong thread. Think you meant the OF preview thread ;) will take that on sunday for sure!!

interesting squad. I think Fergies omission was never Leveins decision. between fergie and eck. Surprised to see Lee, although he has had a solid season and perhaps thomson. saying that, they are 2 of the countries better players and have experience at top level.

Shows how bad we are for keepers when numbers 2 and 3 (Gordon still Scotlands no.1 until he starts to slip for national team) are both at gers (great for us tho!)

I hope Levein does well, and has started well by showing he's not afraid to take some players who have been doing well for smaller clubs like Utd (although thats perhaps due to them being his former club...)

Why is John Fleck not in either the U21 or the full squad? He may not have been brilliant but was still worth a place for his potential IMO.

He certainly hasn't done anything near making him a full international. I can only imagine his lack of games or there are simply other choices who are considered better at u21 level. Let's not forget he is only still 18.

What?! Fletchers name is there only because he plays for man u?!?! Hes been one of man uniteds best players this season. Having his best ever season and you were tempted to replace him with ADAM, who plays for BLACKPOOL! Can't understand that!

Stick Fletcher in to Blackburns team and he would be average, he hasnt had a good game for Scotland since the 1-0 1st leg playoff win over Holland about 6 years ago. He is shining due to being at Man Utd playing with top players and is running on confidence half the time. This is Man Utds worst midfield Ive seen since Kleberson and Djemba x 2. They are pretty lucky to still be in the title race and have lost 6 times already this season and are out the cup. If it wasnt for Rooney and the luck of having Wigan, Hull, Burley and Portsmouth at home during january they would be out of it.

Adam has went down south to play for the unglamourous Blackpool who are pushing for a play off place in 1 of the toughest leagues around. He has got himself fit and scoring regularly. He was far from my favourite player at Ibrox but you have to applaud what he is doing in the Championship.

I do think the guy is a good player,however there is no doubt in my mind that an average player can look a lot better in a good side surrounded by great players, do you think Boyd would score a lot of goals in the Manure side??, I do.

I wouldn't mind seeing a diamond formation although that might be difficult as a fair few of our players are central based and we would probably get over run. The main reason I would like to see a diamond is to see McFadden behind the strikers.

I also don't think it would be wise to play imo our best strike force, Boyd and Miller, against the Czech's. Boyd and Flecther or Iwelumo and Miller in no way should Boyd and Iwelumo should play together. I'm not sure about Fletcher and Miller partnership either.