A SICK Celtic fan taunts brave Falklands hero Simon Weston - by waving an ARGENTINA shirt during yesterday's Old Firm clash.

The vile stunt came as war veteran Simon - who suffered horrific burns in the conflict - was a guest of Rangers' charity at Ibrox.

SIMON WESTON

Guest ... hero Weston

Furious ex-Army major Mike Rumbles MSP said: "It is totally unacceptable. This mindless rivalry between Old Firm fans has now hit a new low. This is deplorable."

It's claimed other Hoops fans heaped more shame on their club during their 1-0 defeat by chanting the name of the South American country and waving its flag.

Former SAS commander and top civil servant Clive Fairweather said: "It is very extreme and disappointing."

And Stephen Smith, of the Rangers Supporters' Trust, added: "It's a disgrace that this abuse was directed at one of the country's war heroes.

"There's no excuse for this type of behaviour."

Hero Simon, 48, suffered agonising burns to almost half his body when his ship the Sir Galahad was destroyed by an Argentinian bomb during the 1982 conflict.

He was the guest of honour at a special Rangers Charity Foundation's lunch the day before the Ibrox side's 1-0 victory.

Celtic fans had claimed earlier this week that his appearance was deliberately designed to provoke them.

One poster on the Celtic Supporters' Association website wrote: "This is a decision taken at the very highest level hoping to get a reaction from the Celtic fans.

"Why didn't they present him with a jersey the day before Remembrance Sunday?"

Celtic fans were also blasted for not respecting a minute's silence held yesterday for former Ibrox keeper Gerry Neef, who died last week.

Rangers supporters' chief John Macmillan said: "It was a tiny minority who broke the silence but that is all you need."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2872402/Celtic-fans-sick-Falklands-War-stunt.html

What bothers me is Celtic act as if we're provoking them. How the hell can that be a case for any defence.

'please don't provoke us in case we show our true colours'?

Their 'fans' are a real low scraping the barrel level of scum. I've seen amoebas with more class than they have.

I do object to the MP Mike Rumbles (don't know what party he represents) describing the poor form on show yesterday as by 'Old Firm supporters.' I think he'll find it was one set of supporters.

To be fair his wording was very careful and deliberate - he said this incident took the 'mindless' rivalry between both sets of supporters to a new low.

He managed to call timmy lowlife without actually using the direct words.

I see this wallah has been 'outed' as someone from Derry. Qu'elle surprise. Quite the political animal, he is no doubt aware of the Imperialist right wing history of the Argentine government during the period of the Falklands War. Or does he suppose it was a cabal of disaffected South American Indians who, outraged at the occupation of their spiritual homeland by the infidel British, rowed their dug out canoes to Port Stanley and proclaimed la liberacion?

I am so fed up with these foreign wallopers dragging their shite over the Irish sea.